So my school has an international exchange program and I was thinking of taking part.
I'm kind of worried that a semester away could estrange me from the few friends I have at school and could prevent me from graduating on time. I may be graduating in October instead of May of 2014. Also, I can only speaking English. I would like to learn another language, but I don't think business courses are the best way to learn Fortunately, there are some universities that teach in English.

I'm not sure if I should do it or not, and if so, where should I go?

These are the places where English courses are offered:

Auckland University of Technology
Fachhochschule Frankfurt
SKEMA Business School
EPSCI
Copenhagen Business School
HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
Curtin University of Technology
Hanzehogeschool van Groningen
Dublin Institute of Technology
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
IESEG - School of Management, Lille
InHolland University, Amsterdam
Johannes Kepler University
Jonköping International Business School
Nanyang Technological University
Napier University
RMIT University
Sheffield Hallam University
Tec de Monterrey, Mazatlan/Monterey Campus
Universita degli Studi di Firenze
University of South Australia (UniSA)
University of Stirling
University of Surrey
University of Technology Sydney
University of Westminster
Zagreb School of Economics and Management

Help me decide!

Tl;Dr Help me choose a place. Sorry for all the text.
Gothhogs
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
ogwartshay
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Looooooooooool AUT is on the list.

c-c-c-combo breaker
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
A few guys I went to school with went over to Sweden for their exchange and loved it. If there's a university in Sweden, check into that.

Plus.... the broads are off the charts.
Quote by james975

*insert pun about studying a broad*

Because obviously the pit knows the answer and totally cares.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
comme to Quebec ,Canada. We are a bilangual province that speaks french and english but mostly french so you could learn french .
Quote by james975

Quote by rickyj
*insert pun about studying a broad*

Oh I plan to study a broad. Most likely on several occasions.

Quote by white_ibanez10
comme to Quebec ,Canada. We are a bilangual province that speaks french and english but mostly french so you could learn french .

No offense, but I don't plan to back there for a while. I'm in Toronto so Quebec is no intended location any time soon.
Plus, French was a hellish nightmare in school.
Definitely go abroad. I'm glad I did. It looks great on your resume and you'll have an awesome time. If you're worried about language being an issue, go to a country where English is common, like one of those Australian schools.
Go to Hong Kong. It would be an amazing cultural experience that you may never get another opportunity at. And who cares about if you graduate on time? You have your entire life to graduate from school. Live it up, man.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Also, I can only speaking English.

Apparently not.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Apparently not.

I'm sorry, I've been having a brain fart for the past week.

I'd rather not go to an Asian country as I plan to go to Japan on a teaching exchange after I graduate. Going to Japan also involves me graduating on time as the application process is about a year and teaching begins in September.
If you're worried about graduating on time, you should talk to your academic exchange advisor (your faculty definitely has one) about which of those schools offer sufficient transfer credits that count towards your Canadian degree. I'm at the University of Waterloo and there were schools in like 15 countries that I could do an exchange with whose credits are transferable.

And if you want to learn a specific language, then picking that country would probably be your best bet. If you have any skill in language at all, you will pick up a lot of it by being in the country at school for 8 months (if not a full year). You get the benefit of taking English courses and still learning, but being exposed to another language and picking it up.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
So my school has an international exchange program and I was thinking of taking part.
I'm kind of worried that a semester away could estrange me from the few friends I have at school and could prevent me from graduating on time. I may be graduating in October instead of May of 2014. Also, I can only speaking English. I would like to learn another language, but I don't think business courses are the best way to learn Fortunately, there are some universities that teach in English.

Fachhochschule Frankfurt
SKEMA Business School
EPSCI
Napier University
RMIT University
University of Stirling
University of Surrey

Help me decide!

LOL Tec

Aren't any courses available in Switzerland?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
One thing to consider

The relationships with your present friends are unlikely to last beyond high school. Once you graduate, everyone tends to scatter to the four winds. More over, because the human brain keeps developing until about age 25, your sensibilities will change a lot over the next few years and you aren't going to feel the same about people as you used to. I have had old friends and coworkers try to get back into my life and I just blew them off because I've moved on and not in the same place psychologically I was when I first knew them. So your present friends shouldn't even be that much of a factor in this decision.

You don't say on what basis the exchange program will be and it will be hell if you don't care for your host family. Does it involve living with a host family? That can be a rather forced situation. To me, because I did this, the best thing to do is to wait until you've graduated from college before living overseas because you not only will have had a chance to get a foreign language under your belt, but you will be more grown up, more educated and you will be able to do it more on your own terms than in a homestay situation.

But you're also not me and therefore it's possible you might be more psychologically ready for a homestay situation than I was at your age. Whatever you decide, definitely go back overseas upon finishing your college work because the experience of living in another culture is a definite asset both for your growth as a human being and it looks good on a resume.

"Before I moved to England, I was under the impression that the British spoke English. I was wrong." (Chrissy Hynde)
Quote by LastBaron
Go to Hong Kong. It would be an amazing cultural experience that you may never get another opportunity at. And who cares about if you graduate on time? You have your entire life to graduate from school. Live it up, man.

This.

Also, I'd pick somewhere where the native language is english. Best way forward.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Oh I plan to study a broad. Most likely on several occasions.

No offense, but I don't plan to back there for a while. I'm in Toronto so Quebec is no intended location any time soon.
Plus, French was a hellish nightmare in school.

****in Torontonians laughing at french speaking people this is why everyone hates you
An old friend of mine did this at university for a business course. Went over to China and hated it at first, loads of people in crappy halls crappy toilets. All the lessons were in chinese so he had to learn fast or get left behind and naturally there wasn't much help available. He eventually paid for an upgrade for better accomadation with proper toilets not holes in the ground, learnt chinese, passed his course and went off on a jolly around Asia afterwards to celebrate before coming home.
all the people i know from copenhagen are lovely.

stay away from sheffield, its probably a good course but the place is grim.
now extra flamey
Quote by Extra Ordinary

Quote by james975
A few guys I went to school with went over to Sweden for their exchange and loved it. If there's a university in Sweden, check into that.

Jonköping International Business School is in Sweden, although it's in Jönköping which is really boring. Broads are still hotter than anything abroad (lolpun), though.

You got a tough decision infront of you. Personally I'd do it. You'll learn so much and that doesn't just mean what's in university classes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Extra Ordinary

Fachhochschule Frankfurt
SKEMA Business School
EPSCI
Napier University
RMIT University
University of Stirling
University of Surrey

Help me decide!

surrey & westminster are both very meh, and surrey is dull...

Sheffield is probably the preferred one in the UK imo for course quality, though Westminster is fine for the location obviously. Don't know much about Stirling other than it's in the middle of nowhere, but I'd imagine it's very pretty.

I've heard IESEG, Lille is nice though, can't remember much about the others.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
A very dangerous title to be posted in the pit...but hey goodluck in hogwarts!!!
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Quote by white_ibanez10

lolquebec. Quebec French is barely French, more like butchered French.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212