Hey peeps, I am currently working on learning to play this masterpiece. I must say that it is the most difficult song I've ever learned...

Is there anyone here that has learned the entire thing? How difficult was it for you?
I found it difficult when I learnt it but that was only because it was one of the first fingerstyle tunes I learnt and my technique wasn't really good enough. But it sounds harder to play than what it is. Try learning some easier classical pieces, like Romance D'Amour, Sons de Carrilhoes or Lágrima if you find it to be too hard.
I tried learning it for around a year without much success (mostly because I never practiced properly). I've come back to it recently after finding a new acoustic guitar and I have around 75% of it down, I find the chorusy part (if you can call it that) harder than the Am - G parts. You have to have decent technique to keep the chord shapes otherwise you'll just be trying to pick everything and your hands will be all over the place. If you find it too hard then it might help, as the guy above me said, to learn some other easier songs. I really recommend some Ferdinando Carulli

http://tp.ultimate-guitar.com/f/ferdinando_carulli/etude_tab_online.html
this is one of my fav songs to play. took about 2 weeks to memorize and a year to get it consistently mistake free and at the tempo it should be. just keep working it part by part.

it was easier to learn bach's toccata in Dm then it was to learn this. after learning it tho u will be able to finger pick anything.
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
Last edited by ThatDarnDavid at Nov 4, 2011,
Quote by Calibos
I tried learning it for around a year without much success (mostly because I never practiced properly). I've come back to it recently after finding a new acoustic guitar and I have around 75% of it down, I find the chorusy part (if you can call it that) harder than the Am - G parts. You have to have decent technique to keep the chord shapes otherwise you'll just be trying to pick everything and your hands will be all over the place. If you find it too hard then it might help, as the guy above me said, to learn some other easier songs. I really recommend some Ferdinando Carulli

http://tp.ultimate-guitar.com/f/ferdinando_carulli/etude_tab_online.html

i say go for the gold man! sure learn other songs too but always keep chipping away at it. thats what everyone should be doing. learn a hard song over a long period of time, and learn easy songs weekly.
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?