Ok, so this is my new toy

http://espguitars.com/basses/esp-standard/surveyor5-ebony.html

Like, brand spankin new. Aaaand....I can't quite figure all the controls out. I got the volume, I have the coil tap, but I am not familiar with the controls enough to tell the bass/mid/treb boost (plus my amp is the size of a cell phone), and I am not sure what the balance is. I kinda have a gut feeling, but I am not sure. I know that the control knob on the bottom left has another knob on top of it.

I am open for finger pointing. Thanks.
Balance means pickup blend - with it pointed towards the neck, it selects the neck pickup, middle has both, and pointed at the bridge has the bridge pickup.

From a guess, I am going to say that the concentric knobs are treble and bass (the top being treble).

At a guess, I am going to say: The two closest to the pickups are the master volume and balance, and the three furthest away are the bass mid and treble.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
One of the knobs looks like a push/pull, is it?
If it is I'd say the "mid" and "treble" controls are on that one, probably treble when pulled out, not sure, then the knob beside it is the bass and the balance usually is above the EQ. At least on my F155DX it is.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by henrihell
One of the knobs looks like a push/pull, is it?
If it is I'd say the "mid" and "treble" controls are on that one, probably treble when pulled out, not sure, then the knob beside it is the bass and the balance usually is above the EQ. At least on my F155DX it is.

I don't know how you can tell that a knob looks like a push/pull, when they look indistinguishable from normal knobs?

Also, no, they aren't, they're concentric knobs.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

Email the company and ask, usually it's a support page, with a number that's at least open 12 hours a day, and an email. Then save up for an amp that can better produce the active 5 string thing you got going for yourself.
one half of each concentric knob will be boost/cut the other will probably be the frequency!

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
one half of each concentric knob will be boost/cut the other will probably be the frequency!

x

Nope, it isn't.

The controls are as such (somewhere within the knobs)

Mids, Bass, Treble, Balance Volume.

Seeing as there are 5 knobs (including the concentric pots) then it cannot be frequency control.

People should seriously read the other posts before posting their "knowledge", or do some actual research.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

hey, thanks for all the help guys :-) got it figured out cuz of you all. and yeah, the amp is why im working overtime shifts lol. thanks again :-)