Page 1 of 4
Dear Bass Players,

Please Know How To Play Ur Basss And Ur Bass Lien

Love,
Adam
Also check the vol. level of your 120watt tube amp (or any amp) into a full stack before you take it off standby.

If you had a few nothing like holly **** sound you will get.

P.S.
My cat is okay he only jumped 8 feet into the air which in turn scared me and caused me to jump back and hit all the strings on guitar for even more of the holly **** sound.

P.S.S
My cat no longer sleeps in front of my full stack.
Could someone give me a good reason not to lock this please?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
If you lock it, I won't be able to post Tip 2 next week when I'm wasted.

Could you give me a good reason why you would lock this please?
My instinct is to just lock it because it sort of goes like this:

Post 1 - incoherent request
Post 2 - response unrelated to incoherent request
Post 3 - WTF?

The thread seems to have no purpose or direction, and therefore no reason to stay open.

However, if it does have a purpose or direction that I've yet been unable to find, I'm all ears. If you want it to stay open, I'm willing to listen why.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

This thread is win and it serves a purpose

BASS PLAYERS! LEARN TO PLAY!
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Because this forum is full of **** heads asking the same things over and over and very little fun or discussion between the regulars about 90% of the time. My drunk tips will be invaluable.
I vote it stays open. There's lots times when recording with people (or alone) when something stupid like that happens. Like when the bassist doesn't know the part or the guitarist turns on his amp way too loud by accident. Surely we can have a thready where we vent about our frustrations with other people's stupidity that relates to recording.

Like when guitarists like to use crappy digital amps and wont listen to any suggestions on how to improve their tone for the sole reason of it's "their tone"...

Or when people wind up my cables wrong and I get stuck with a bunch of knots when I try to use it next time.
This thread provides comic relief from the average poster in this forum. Please keep it open.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Well, I guess it hasn't been done before unlike the hundreds thousands of daily repeat threads about speakers/microphones/interfaces/guitar-to-usb cables...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I should show my bass player this thread!
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
Pro Tip: If it sounds like shit, re-record it. I mean, I don't wanna spend 30 hours mixing your mistakes when 30 seconds of you redoing it and I can spend 5 hours mixing it
Quote by Odirunn
Because this forum is full of **** heads asking the same things over and over and very little fun or discussion between the regulars about 90% of the time. My drunk tips will be invaluable.

My pro-tip of the week/month/year... don't attempt to get any music work done while babysitting - it's 1:35am and I still haven't touched the open Logic project I wanted to finish mixing this evening! For someone who is 22 years old, and unrelated to this kid, I'm despairing at the apparent desire it has to do everything but sleep... any parents/more mature adults on here have any advice?
Quote by FireHawk
once i turned 18 i started turning down offers to baby sit :p

but i am in a similar problem but instead of babysitting its playing battlefield 3

I live with my gf, so I didn't so much volunteer as she decided to and I share the burden by default. I doubt very much that Battlefield 3 can cry at you because it is hungry/thirsty/teething/sleepy-but-won't-sleep though
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I live with my gf, so I didn't so much volunteer as she decided to and I share the burden by default. I doubt very much that Battlefield 3 can cry at you because it is hungry/thirsty/teething/sleepy-but-won't-sleep though

No but its beautiful explosions keep me wanting more!

sucks though about the babysitting
Quote by FireHawk
No but its beautiful explosions keep me wanting more!

sucks though about the babysitting

Luckily the kid is asleep... for now (trying not to tempt fate here), so I may be able to get a few hours sleep myself perhaps - it's 2:04am now and I have work at 8am :/
Here's a tip: Don't have kids.

I wake up every morning at 7 am to a 6 year old screaming about the cat running away from her. I don't even get home from work till 2. I've played bf3 only once since it came it out because any time I'm even close to my tv she wants to play little big world. Second tip: don't show anything fun to a kid you aren't prepared to do all the time.
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
Quote by engineno9

I wake up every morning at 7 am to a 6 year old screaming about the cat running away from her. I don't even get home from work till 2. I've played bf3 only once since it came it out because any time I'm even close to my tv she wants to play little big world. Second tip: don't show anything fun to a kid you aren't prepared to do all the time.

Haha I feel ya. My parents decided to have another kid 7 years ago so when I got home for breaks I have a little brother wanting me to the same thing over and over and over. If he didn't think I was the greatest thing ever I probably would t do it but it helps my ego. I can never get any recording done or have fun alone with him lol.

Also for anyone with ps3 bf3 hit me up. PSN: jtstorie
Just don't look at my stats as my roommates try to play occasionally lol.
Last edited by FireHawk at Nov 5, 2011,
hgere is anoteer pro tip

if ur solo sucks when we reeord it, i twill suck in the mix wheni try ot fix it. play your god damni instrjument you pussy
does that apply to bass solos?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Okay, I'm sold. I'm liking this. It's like the Recordings version of the pit, without the retardz.

CT

Quote by engineno9

If this six year old is your child, I despair for you. If it is a younger sibling, then I'll forgive you for being too young to have kids.

When I was 25, the worst thing I could imagine happening to me was finding out that I was going to have a child. By 30, the worst thing I could imagine was losing a child. It's all about readiness and your current place in life.

CT

Quote by DisarmGoliath
My pro-tip of the week/month/year... don't attempt to get any music work done while babysitting - it's 1:35am and I still haven't touched the open Logic project I wanted to finish mixing this evening! For someone who is 22 years old, and unrelated to this kid, I'm despairing at the apparent desire it has to do everything but sleep... any parents/more mature adults on here have any advice?

To oversimplify, you have to figure out why he/she is crying and then address that need. Hungry? Feed. Bored? Play. PJ's bunching up and causing discomfort? Adjust PJ's. Over-tired? Get them as comfortable as possible. Maybe rock them, hold them close, whatever. Missing mom/dad? Wait it out.

Otherwise.... you can try Tempra. (or a shot of gin.... haha) Even if they're not teething, it makes them sleepy.

CT

Quote by Eggmond
does that apply to bass solos?

Lol it applies twice as much to bass solos

Tip/comment: pitch correction is not going to make you sound good if your singing in a completely different key.
Quote by FireHawk
Lol it applies twice as much to bass solos

Tip/comment: pitch correction is not going to make you sound good if your singing in a completely different key.

but the key to a good mix is to have the bass mixed in low so you cant hear it so surely it doesnt matter what they play? iv played a gig which i finished with just the 2 highest strings on my bass left for the last couple of songs and they said it still sounded good so does bass really matter?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by Eggmond
but the key to a good mix is to have the bass mixed in low so you cant hear it so surely it doesnt matter what they play? iv played a gig which i finished with just the 2 highest strings on my bass left for the last couple of songs and they said it still sounded good so does bass really matter?

Wait, are you saying you broke two bass strings? How do you do that?
Last edited by 37 Narwhals at Nov 5, 2011,
Quote by Eggmond

Lawl, no, bass is one of those instruments that sticks out at sections anyway, it's second to vocals in completely unwanted dynamics and if the intonation or timing is out of whack with the guitars there is a noticeable discrepancy.

If it isn't locked in with the guitars then it sticks out of the mix unecessarily, and if it isn't locked in with the drums then the bass quotient of the track wont punch through like a motherfúcker. Which is ultimately what you want.

Good grindy bass tones are imperative to a solid mix and should never be underestimated. It's all about that shit being thick and locked in.
Owen - Sound Engineer - Mixing & Editing Available, PM for details.
Quote by 37 Narwhals
Wait, are you saying you broke two bass strings? How do you do that?

bad set of strings methinks. they were only on it a few days and the two thickest ones broke.i was transposing on the fly like a boss

Quote by Beefmo
Lawl, no, bass is one of those instruments that sticks out at sections anyway, it's second to vocals in completely unwanted dynamics and if the intonation or timing is out of whack with the guitars there is a noticeable discrepancy.

If it isn't locked in with the guitars then it sticks out of the mix unecessarily, and if it isn't locked in with the drums then the bass quotient of the track wont punch through like a motherfúcker. Which is ultimately what you want.

Good grindy bass tones are imperative to a solid mix and should never be underestimated. It's all about that shit being thick and locked in.

no your wrong.bassists are just there to distract the fat groupies.the dont matter in the mix
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Last edited by Eggmond at Nov 5, 2011,
Quote by Odirunn
I do not remember posting last night.

I know that game.

Well to add to this, I find it annoying when I'm in my dorm room either recording guitar or making electronic music and some random drunk guy walks in and asks me to make a beat for him to rap over. I will not waste my time tainting my music with your crappy mediocre rap skills just because you know a guy who knows another guy that learned how to make a simple drum beat on a pirated version of FL Studio.
Pro Tip: Do not record with a cheap wireless system

Also, don't play live with a cheap wireless system. It doesn't sound good when your guitar solos cut in and out cuz of it. Though I ****ing rocked tonight!
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I live with my gf, so I didn't so much volunteer as she decided to and I share the burden by default.

Sounds to me like she's testing you to see how you'll cope when she wants a baby.

Get out now before it's too late!!!!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Page 1 of 4