Now I want to be specific with this thread so people know what I mean, so lets just look at the time line of HEAVY METAL once more starting at thrash though. Okay, thrash metal, then Death metal spins off, then black metal.....Okay then with them you have a bunch of sub genres, symphonic metal and bands like Dimmu and Cradle. But you see, nothing new happens from the year 2000 to now. I don't want to be vague, but the progression of metal seems to be based now a days of over rated scales little creativity, and lyrical nonsense (by that I mean everyone writes about the same F***** THING!) Have you listened to the black metal bands? Or these brutal bands?

I'm going to give an example using black metal. Venom was the first to use the term black metal, and they them selves admit that the Norwegian bands stole it from them, and the stuff that they played should be called Norse metal or w/e ha! I find it also very strange that the Norwegian bands are calling themselves black metal and every other mediocre black metal band out there, because you tend to notice the gap between Venom's music and and so-call Norwegian black metal (such as thrash metal and death metal influence)

I hope you understand what I'm saying here, or trying to put, over all my main point is that things within the Heavy metal become sometimes cliche, and we need something new, something creative, and not to sound to pressuring I'm working on a completely new thing (has nothing to do with experimental music or black metal as I've shown before)
Bring back the 80s, it had the best doom, thrash, power, traditional and hair metal
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
You're failing miserably at being specific. You're basically asking three questions and I'm not sure what you want an answer for.
Seeing as I don't really care, I'll just answer "yes" to all of the above.

Satisfied?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Metal has progressed in the last 10 years in the genre of (Big Surprise Here)

PROGRESSIVE. METAL.
yeah dream theater = pinnacle of musical prowess
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
The sheer amount of creative ignorance and arrogance present in this thread, just with your op, is absolutely astounding. You don't have a single clue about anything other than surface metal.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by severed-metal
The sheer amount of creative ignorance and arrogance present in this thread, just with your op, is absolutely astounding. You don't have a single clue about anything other than surface metal.

This.

Seriously, took the words from my mouth.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
So...

You want new, original bands, proper use of the term Black Metal because of what one band said, and something else?

Why don't you just listen to something aside from Metal. Like Persian Classical or Dark Cabaret or Pop Punk.
what happened to you, falsesteve?
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Quote by Grishjarta
waaah, you people don't agree with me
Well, yeah, that's life.

Thing is, by now bands that do have their own sound don't tend to get a genre of their own. There's so many already, so they'll be most likely put under a stamp that already exists. I know you'll probably be saying that that isn't all you're saying, but it seems to be the crux of your rant to me.

Perhaps all you need is to open your mind and consider that even if it's called "Technical Death Metal" or something, it doesn't mean it's the SAME ****ING THING as all the other bands in that genre.
Quote by Grishjarta
But you see, nothing new happens from the year 2000 to now. I don't want to be vague, but the progression of metal seems to be based now a days of over rated scales little creativity, and lyrical nonsense (by that I mean everyone writes about the same F***** THING!)

Deathcore? Metalcore? Progressive metal? All of these things have progressed lightyears since the turn of the century.
love is love // return to dust
The evolution of Metal is very clearly a systematic and linear progression. Death, Black, Thrash, and Grind did not emerge simultaneous in a parallel but interconnected fashion. That is just a myth perpetuated by old fogies who don't understand the exact science of Metal lineage. Chuck Schuldiner is Jesus Christ. Praise him and fuck those Norwegians for totally and intentionally stealing the term Black Metal.
unfortunately mostly for the worst.

^ in response to tancanada
Last edited by technicolour at Nov 3, 2011,
If metal doesn't progress, how the hell did we wind up with funeral doom?
What's the point of living if you're not living a dream?
Funeral doom is more of a musical regression. Jus' sayin'.

Also, thread lacks salt.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.

Problem solved.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by dead-fish
Funeral doom is more of a musical regression. Jus' sayin'.

Also, thread lacks salt.

No not really, Funeral Doom was one of the last genuine large scale innovations in the genre. This whole thread is retarded.
Quote by Riffmast
No not really, Funeral Doom was one of the last genuine large scale innovations in the genre. This whole thread is retarded.

congrats on the most relevant post in this whole thread. Funeral Doom is bad ass.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by Riffmast

I meant from a stylistic point of view. Less riffs and segments, more minimalism and atmosphere.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
I meant from a stylistic point of view. Less riffs and segments, more minimalism and atmosphere.

Some Funeral Doom is quite melodically developed actually, Abstract Spirit for example, but yeah i get what you mean.

I would say their is always innovation, look at the new Prosanctus Inferi,Kerasphorus and Antediluvian material, it is all going beyond black/death metal as we know it. The upsurge of bands like Ride For Revenge, going into more obscure territory.

As Born Headless aid Bestial BM has some new and exciting bands as well like Heresiarch and Diocletian did their own thing as well.
Last edited by Riffmast at Nov 3, 2011,
Quote by jazar94
If metal doesn't progress, how the hell did we wind up with funeral doom?

You're confusing progression with procession.
Quote by tancanada
Deathcore? Metalcore? Progressive metal? All of these things have progressed lightyears since the turn of the century.

No. No, they have not. Arguably they have regressed.

And honest answer TS, I maintain that you clearly have not extensively explored metal if you think it hasn't progressed or changed.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Ulcerate and Portal seem to be doing some pretty different stuff with Death Metal. And theres been a pretty big influx in "Progressive Sludge" bands like Mastodon and Baroness. And a few other things.

Thread is pretty poop, by the way.
Quote by Riffmast

Also, this
Quote by Grishjarta
Now I want to be specific with this thread so people know what I mean, so lets just look at the time line of HEAVY METAL once more starting at thrash though. Okay, thrash metal, then Death metal spins off, then black metal.....Okay then with them you have a bunch of sub genres, symphonic metal and bands like Dimmu and Cradle. But you see, nothing new happens from the year 2000 to now. I don't want to be vague, but the progression of metal seems to be based now a days of over rated scales little creativity, and lyrical nonsense (by that I mean everyone writes about the same F***** THING!) Have you listened to the black metal bands? Or these brutal bands?

I'm going to give an example using black metal. Venom was the first to use the term black metal, and they them selves admit that the Norwegian bands stole it from them, and the stuff that they played should be called Norse metal or w/e ha! I find it also very strange that the Norwegian bands are calling themselves black metal and every other mediocre black metal band out there, because you tend to notice the gap between Venom's music and and so-call Norwegian black metal (such as thrash metal and death metal influence)

I hope you understand what I'm saying here, or trying to put, over all my main point is that things within the Heavy metal become sometimes cliche, and we need something new, something creative, and not to sound to pressuring I'm working on a completely new thing (has nothing to do with experimental music or black metal as I've shown before)

so basically you wrote that rant just to basically say "i'm working on something it will be ****ing amazing and original broz"
Quote by NotFromANUS
You're confusing progression with procession.

Touché. Well played, sir.
What's the point of living if you're not living a dream?
op is dumb and his music will most likely suck
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.