Anyone have any thoughts on Bright Eyes? Some say he's the second coming of Dylan, and one of the most briliant song writers of the modern era. Others say he's a conceited hipster douchebag. most are somewhere in between. What do all of you think?
I have a friend who really likes him. What he's had me listen to was alright, but I haven't had enough time recently to listen to more of his stuff.
They're amazing... They have great lyrics... I like Conor Oberst's songwriting and voice.
It would be very glamorous to be reincarnated as a great big ring on Liz Taylor's finger?!

Dear Noah,
We could have sworn you said the ark wasn't leaving till 5.
Sincerely, Unicorns --> I wonder....
Absolutely fantastic band. Everyone always used to recommend them to me, but I never really bothered to listen... Then I saw that they was playing a date on their farewell tour in my town, and I thought that it was either then or never, so I bought a couple of tickets 3 days before the show and express-listened to them (350 odd LastFm plays in 3 days!) and went along. Hands down one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Really hope that they're not finishing forever
im wide awake its morning is my favorite album of all time. he is by far my favorite lyricist and is only rivaled by dylan, JD, and elliott smith in my books. also his s/t solo album is as good as his bright eyes stuff.
I love "im wide awake its morning" very very very very very very very much.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
On one hand, I do love bright eyes both for its musical content and Conor's lyrics and I'm Wide Awake It's Morning is a great album, along with Fevers and Mirrors.

On the other hand, If I'm not really in the mood for Bright Eyes, the pretty consistent pattern of "i drink liquor, i do drugs, my heart is broken" can shine through and get on my nerves.

That's just me personally though.

edit: Cassadega never seemed to get as much attention as it deserved, imo.
Last edited by Mack56 at Nov 3, 2011,
cassadega has some of his best stuff and a couple meh tracks. lifted is better imo. fevers and his earlier stuff is pretty hard to listen to if youre not in the right mood but fevers has some of his best lyrics.

His solo s/t is really solid. definitely not as moody as his bright eyes albums. must listen for conor fans
Several years back I listened to I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning and liked it alright, then I listened to Digital Ash in the Digital Urn and didn't like it so I never really listened to anymore Bright Eyes.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Several years back I listened to I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning and liked it alright, then I listened to Digital Ash in the Digital Urn and didn't like it so I never really listened to anymore Bright Eyes.

Digital Ash is a pretty good album but in a very different way from I'm Wide Awake. Because they were released at the same time, they're kind of counterparts, Conor n co. exploring different things.

That being said, I'm Wide Awake is more in line with the other albums so you make like them.
The only album I have right now is I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, and I love it. Particularly, I found that Road to Joy was one of the best conclusions to an album I've ever heard.
Yes please. My favorite song is Lua.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by chriscobonham
The only album I have right now is I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, and I love it. Particularly, I found that Road to Joy was one of the best conclusions to an album I've ever heard.

road to joy is probably the best song ive seen live in my life. was perfect.
Lifted is my favorite Bright Eyes album. I like them all though except for most of LOtH and the last 2 albums.
Quote by chriscobonham
...Others say he's a conceited hipster douchebag...

yep pretty much. oh and add artsy cokehead too

That being said. I'm Wide Awake It's Morning is one of my favorite albums. Digital Ash is really good too. I always forget how good til I listen to the songs though. I didn't get into Bright Eyes until these two releases and I can't listen to the earlier stuff without it annoying me a lot. Cassadaga, I was excited to listen to, but was dissappointed. The People's Key is pretty good, but still nothing can beat the beauty of I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

Thats my 2 cents anyways.
BE power rankings

Lifted>I'm Wide Awake>Letting Off The Happiness>Noise Floor>Fevers>A Collection>>>>>Cassadaga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>People's Key
some days it takes three cups of tea and a mountain dew to wake up,
the following nights the stars are always far too bright
and there is a certain trance evoked by the moonlight
"such is life"
i'd say thats my least favorite BE album. If you liked it you may like the peoples key. definitely check out im wide awake its morning tho
Quote by turncoat60%
definitely check out im wide awake its morning tho

this...