My thoughts on tone, technique, rhythm are, this is fantastic. I loved the panning around 3:30. That whole section was my favourite, what a great swell, but seriously, the tone you have throughout is sensational, im kinda curious as to what amp/pedal you use to get it?

This song grooves great though, I found myself listening to it a couple times

http://soundcloud.com/the-new-pacific/winnipeg
Wow, thanks alot!
Everything is recorded through a Line 6 Pod studio using some Amplitube simulations. I really recommend it!

I really enjoyed Winnipeg, it has a very nice feel to it. But I feel like it took long before it really got interesting. It got a little repetitive after a while. My favorite part was around 1.25 and forward. I would try putting the more melodic parts earlier on, because you might lose some listeners on the way.
The drums seem a little bit out of sync sometimes, could be done better.
Overall, nice track, keep it up!
Quote by Zimens
Wow, thanks alot!
Everything is recorded through a Line 6 Pod studio using some Amplitube simulations. I really recommend it!

I really enjoyed Winnipeg, it has a very nice feel to it. But I feel like it took long before it really got interesting. It got a little repetitive after a while. My favorite part was around 1.25 and forward. I would try putting the more melodic parts earlier on, because you might lose some listeners on the way.
The drums seem a little bit out of sync sometimes, could be done better.
Overall, nice track, keep it up!

This is really in my style. The reverb, the delay, such a dynamic tone. Absolutely great. Drums sound no worse. The tone is perfect, of every instrument. I do believe that the bass could be a bit more bass-ier. More treble to it, to make a bit less bassy, and a bit more in treble ranges, like nighwish bassist, I love such a bass tone. The dynamics in this song are also very well composed and placed. The panning is a bit strange to my ear though, just not my preference.

Otherwise a great composition in my book.
Great tune. Really enjoyed it. Nice and chill with lots of cool guitar. Adding it to my favorites now.
Thanks so much for the kind words!
The bass isn't really a bass, its a guitar with octave filter and the tone turned down, so that's probably why it doesn't sound as great. Again, thank you
Zimens,
Thanks for the reviews! Now your song: the intro guitar (nice tone!) is setting up a good mood: I picture it as background music in a Western/Cowboy movie. When the drums start, the mood changes a lot (not a bad thing). Nice wah guitar. The sound is pumping a bit too much for me now that it's gotten louder: I think you have too much compression during part of the song. Other than that (though I briefly thought a few vocals could help), I think it sounds good!
Very nice tones. Does sound a bit like buckethead. The buildup was great, distorted lead guitar was very tasteful. Great job, you played this piece with a lot of feel, a lot of people would over play a track like this, but you did a great job keeping it tasteful.

If you have a moment check out my rock tune titled 'Tune Up'. Thanks
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493162
Quote by aaron aardvark
The sound is pumping a bit too much for me now that it's gotten louder
I noticed this as well but didn't mention it because I wasn't sure if it was just me.
Thanks for the compliments!
I have checked your stuff out and given you a crit.
Quote by Zimens
I have checked your stuff out and given you a crit.
Not seeing it.
Quote by fly135
Not seeing it.

Oh well, you didn't leave a link. Which one do you want me to check out?
The link is at the bottom. Choose anyone. I guess I need to be more clear in the future.
First off, great tone! Very nice swell to it or something. Could listen to that purr all day
Some nice playing, you have good technique there but you might think of adding more variety to just change the solo dynamic a bit, especially around 2:49 when it breaks back in. Would be intense!
Over all I like it, tone is great, good technique and over-all it flowed pretty well!

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492290
Quote by fly135
The link is at the bottom. Choose anyone. I guess I need to be more clear in the future.

Oh, didn't even notice. I posted some thoughts on Jelly Jam
Quote by Zimens
Oh, didn't even notice. I posted some thoughts on Jelly Jam
Since I got more than a few songs up I just recently switched to the sig link thing. Don't feel bad you're not the only one that didn't notice. Thanks for the review.