So, Recently I replaced the neck on my strat copy with a BC Rich Warlock Bronze edition.They are the same scale, the thing is, the neck angle is horrible on it! It is set to where the frets dip below the bridge causing it to make a "CLANK"ing noise at the 24th Fret, Is there anyway I can fix it to where it will be at the proper angle?

A detailed explanation would be wonderful.

-wakko444

EDIT: I went from a 21 fretter to a 24 fretter (if its relevant)
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
Last edited by Wakko444 at Nov 3, 2011,
Raise your action.

Wait, you swapped the necks on a strat....with a BC Rich Bronze series Neck......

Just raise your action, you have buzz.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Nov 3, 2011,
Chances are that the neck joints were not in the same place, which throws off the scale. I'm guessing that your new neck places the 24th fret roughly where the 21st was on the old one. If that's true, a clanking noise is the least of your troubles.

Each fret needs to fall in precisely the same position as it did with the previous neck for your guitar to intonate. The distance from the nut to the 12th fret needs to be exactly the same as the distance from the 12th fret to the bridge saddle. I'm guessing the scale length will come to an inch or so too long with putting a 24 fret neck on a 21 fret guitar.

Indeed, if it was installed correctly, the 24th fret would extend to where the neck pickup is normally.
^^ he is right
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
It is cause B.C. Rich doesnt use the same angle as what is used on strats *or most guitars for that matter*.

See

Of course since mine is a B.C. Rich it is suppose to be like that and plays great.
For the fret number thing, mesure from nut to 12fret, this should roughy be the same mesure from the 12 fret to the saddles. if not, your screwed. for the buzz, raise the action.

As discussed above, this is made of FAIL. Were the holes even in the same place, or did you drill new ones?
Quote by Wakko444
So, Recently I replaced the neck on my strat copy with a BC Rich Warlock Bronze edition.They are the same scale, the thing is, the neck angle is horrible on it! It is set to where the frets dip below the bridge causing it to make a "CLANK"ing noise at the 24th Fret, Is there anyway I can fix it to where it will be at the proper angle?

A detailed explanation would be wonderful.

-wakko444

if you really want to keep it there,
then shim the neck, and check the intonation.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The only reason i did it was because it was the same EVERYTHING. Holes size and everything its just neck angle thats ****ing with me.
Quote by christfudge

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
Quote by Wakko444
The only reason i did it was because it was the same EVERYTHING. Holes size and everything its just neck angle thats ****ing with me.

ok so if possible, shim the neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Wakko444

Really? I find it hard to believe that the heel joint of a BC Rich 24 fret happens at exactly the same point as the joint of a 21 fret strat copy neck. So, have you had to remove the neck pickup for the extra frets?
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Really? I find it hard to believe that the heel joint of a BC Rich 24 fret happens at exactly the same point as the joint of a 21 fret strat copy neck. So, have you had to remove the neck pickup for the extra frets?

This
stick 2 guitar picks together and toss it in the neck pocket
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Bloodavian
chuck it in the bin if it says bc rich on it now

Better yet, you could get off the bandwagon...

@TS The neck probably is not going to work well for you without modifications. Try going to guitarfetish.com or guitarheads.net and get a replacement neck that will actually fit properly.
I thought it was a little slow on strange idea's latley...but this is soo golden.,

^ what he said.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Guys i got it working, I shimmed the neck with two picks glues together and raised the action slightly. AND IT IS AMAZING NOW! Thank you guys for helping me out and thank you to the trolls for entertaining me. Might post pictures later.
Quote by christfudge

Quote by Vornik
and as for the neck pickups, I never had them to begin with I took them out and put in a Dimarzio super distortion in the bridge and have it wire to have just the volume knob and a killswitch.
Quote by christfudge

Quote by Vornik
Good to know its working for you, gotta post some pics though cause I bet that thing looks wierd. I mean unique...
Quote by Wakko444
Guys i got it working, I shimmed the neck with two picks glues together and raised the action slightly. AND IT IS AMAZING NOW! Thank you guys for helping me out and thank you to the trolls for entertaining me. Might post pictures later.

woo some1 took my advice!! had a nut issue where i needed higher action on my guitar, and my buddy said "this is how i used to fix guitars before i knew what i was doing" and did it xD

Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED