Im hoping to get a little discussion going about this. I came across an ad for a schecter diamond series Damien-6 guitar that was used as a shoe rack in a store for a few years but never played. They drilled a couple holes in the back of the guitar to make a rack to hold some shoes, as seen here in the ad: http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=327260344

I made an offer for $130 and he said he would take it. Im gona check it out after work. Just wonder what you guys think about the holes, how much could that effect the guitar beacuse I mean $130 is a great price for this guitar without holes in it. I think its just the 2 holes drilled in the back and its missing a string in the picture.
Imput anyone??

Thanks

Heres the ad
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=327260344&MessageId=MSG.VIEW_AD.REPLY_TO_AD_SENT&mpname=R2S&mpname=Activity-R2S&mpuid=80010%3B613%3B327260344%3B-1191689545%3B%3B&secev=AQAAATNmuZwAAM0AAAACACIxMzM2YTgwNzEwZi5hMjBiMjY5LjIzNjI3LmZmZmNmZDgwAAAAABOBmLgBAAAAAgAAAAAR4aMARmIlxkbAF2M1qytbdX%2BZVIBEp6M*
Mesa Boogie Dual Rec Roadster
Marshall 1960 4x12
Jackson DK2M Pro
Yamaha RGX121D
ESP LTD 5 String Bass

Recording Software:
Pod Farm
Reaper
Superior Drummer 2.0
Check them out, chances are they can be patched up pretty easily. I doubt they'd affect the sound or playability of the guitar if they're only at the back of the headstock, i'd take it! Although i'm not really the picky type

edit: fuzzy pictures, i don't know about the string (except, having been used as a shoerack *shudder* it's surprising they even kept any in the first place).
Seeing as you can go and check it out, be as thorough as you can, don't rush anything.
Also, if it's as good as it should be, don't give yourself away until you've got it
Last edited by Basti95 at Nov 3, 2011,
Its a pretty sweet little guitar for that price even if I end up making it a shoerack myself lol. Just wondering if anyone has an ideas of problems that could arise from a guitar being a shoe rack for 3 years, and whether the holes will really affect the sound at all.
Marshall 1960 4x12
Jackson DK2M Pro
Yamaha RGX121D
ESP LTD 5 String Bass

Recording Software:
Pod Farm
Reaper
Superior Drummer 2.0
yeah id go for it if i were you. i mean the worst thing the holes would do is maybe give it a buzz sound but thats only if theyre in the body.. either way its a great deal
now that could present a problem... the strings are trash...obviously.. and the sitting probably did some damage to the pick ups from lack of use. the pick ups should probably be changed.. but other than that i cant think of much
It should be fine as long as the holes don’t go deep into the neck. Buy it as is, immediately plug the holes with dowels and wood glue, let it dry for a few days, and then change the strings.
you got to look at it this way the parts alone on are worth that but if the kneck is playable thats a big plus you cant beat it ,so no matter witch way you go it a deal .so if it plays or just the parts you cant go wrong.
Quote by D3DandG0N3
now that could present a problem... the strings are trash...obviously.. and the sitting probably did some damage to the pick ups from lack of use. the pick ups should probably be changed.. but other than that i cant think of much

Lack of use does not damage pickups. It’s not as if they have moving parts that need oiling.
Im going to go over there and throw some strings on it and check the intonation/neck plug it in and see whats up. Does anyone else think pups could be affected by lack of use? Im not really sure ive heard of that before. The guitar has never been played.
Marshall 1960 4x12
Jackson DK2M Pro
Yamaha RGX121D
ESP LTD 5 String Bass

Recording Software:
Pod Farm
Reaper
Superior Drummer 2.0
I'm still trying to wrap my head around it being a shoe rack.. I mean if that was new thats rather expensive to make into a shoe rack, with what $20 worth of wood from a hardware store can't accomplish.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by D3DandG0N3

Don't say stupid things, that you know nothing about.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I'm still trying to wrap my head around it being a shoe rack.. I mean if that was new thats rather expensive to make into a shoe rack, with what $20 worth of wood from a hardware store can't accomplish.

Back in 2009 or 2010 some shoe company did a promo in chain shoe stores, used Schecter guitars in the displays, and gave more guitars away in contests. This might be leftover.
Quote by jpnyc
Back in 2009 or 2010 some shoe company did a promo in chain shoe stores, used Schecter guitars in the displays, and gave more guitars away in contests. This might be leftover.

Oh, that makes sense, I figured it was something to that nature, but if some regular person bought one for a shoe rack it would be an extreme waste.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
The guitar body's probably fine. But those holes in the neck are right around a stress point. Look at pictures of broken guitar necks / headstocks - that's where it usually happens.

The holes are small so it's probably not a big deal. I would just be aware that the neck MIGHT be more likely to break in the event of a drop. It's probably fine (I would still buy it). Just be careful with it.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
UPDATE:

I did buy the guitar, for $100 with a hardshell case. After I lowered the action, conditioned the fretboard and put a new set of light top/heavy bottoms on it, turned out to be a really decent guitar at a hella good price. Thanks for the feedback.
Marshall 1960 4x12
Jackson DK2M Pro
Yamaha RGX121D
ESP LTD 5 String Bass

Recording Software:
Pod Farm
Reaper
Superior Drummer 2.0