I'm about to get a new amp this month and I was thinking maybe I'd look into another delay pedal as well. The DL4 that I have is awesome, but I get nervous thinking about how fragile people say that they are (even the newer ones). Plus, it started to act funny last night while I was onstage and about to pack up my gear and leave. I have my eyes on the Nova Repeater or Nova Delay Can anyone vouch for them being more sturdy than the DL4?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
More sturdy? Sure. Looper? Nah.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I can do without the looper. I just want delay. I'm finding out that I gravitate more towards the analog, analog w/mod, reverse, and auto-swell models on my DL4. I can do without the reverse and the auto-swell can be replaced with a volume pedal or a good old guitar volume pot.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
I have a Nova Delay and love it. Go try one out if you can. Most GC's have them.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
That's awesome looking, but I need my amp first. I don't plan on just having one delay pedal, but for now I just want something with good sounds, tap tempo, and that will handle some regular playing and performing.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
To clarify, I'm just looking for a decent delay with tap tempo. The DL4 is very cool, but those switches make me nervous. I'll even get a Boss DD-5 with the tap tempo switch. I know people I can trust to choose good and dependable gear make those a part of their chain all the time.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5