How do I figure out how to play chords in drop tunings? I want to play them in Drop Bb would I use the same fingering as I would in drop D just moved up 2 steps?
Quote by SargentCrunch
How do I figure out how to play chords in drop tunings? I want to play them in Drop Bb would I use the same fingering as I would in drop D just moved up 2 steps?

Drop Bb?? Yeah same fingering as drop D but 2 steps up.
Try learning some theory, that might help.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well once you start tuning that low the area around the G string starts to shift at different intervals then it does in Drop D tuning. best way is to just try different fingerings and figure it out :P
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
well once you start tuning that low the area around the G string starts to shift at different intervals then it does in Drop D tuning. best way is to just try different fingerings and figure it out :P

No it isn't - the best way is to learn the bloody notes you're playing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by EspTro
well once you start tuning that low the area around the G string starts to shift at different intervals then it does in Drop D tuning.

What on earth are you talking about?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
What on earth are you talking about?

I was wondering this too. The relative tuning of the guitar is the same as drop D, just 2 steps down.. Nothing specifically weird happens with the G string.
lol. idk. i guess i thought anything lower the Drop B territory were to be tuned like a 7 string (how i tube anyway) so i was picturing that in mind . didnt realize that im the only one that probably does that. sowwy
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
lol. idk. i guess i thought anything lower the Drop B territory were to be tuned like a 7 string (how i tube anyway) so i was picturing that in mind . didnt realize that im the only one that probably does that. sowwy

Now that you've explained I've heard of some bands doing similar things, like I think Mithras who used to play 6 strings in A# then switched to 7s but instead of tuning any lower they effectively tune to A# standard with a higher Eb so they're in A#,D#,G#,C#,F,A#,D# rather than having an F# for the third string.

Quote by padycustom
I can hardly pickup the notes, too, need some technique.

Now I have no idea what you're on about...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
master the intervals and how drop tunings change chord voicings. then figure out the notes. when you can directly call upon chord shapes and intervals in any tuning, the only step is to master the fingerboard, then just think "how many semi-tones am i below standard tuning?"
it wont be instant, but in the long run it'll help. that's the way i learn, and it works great for me.