Hi, I've just purchased an all original 1957 Magnatone Troubadour 112 from the USA. The mains voltage here in Malta is the same as that in the UK (approx. 240V). As far as I know the mains Voltage in the USA is 110V (correct me if I'm mistaken!) Would I need to buy some form of adapter to be able to plug it in and power it up safely, without burning it out?

Thanks in advance.
yes you will need a step down transformer.

rated about 400-500watts would be best.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Check out any electrontics store, there is on near the Bkara bypass
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical