i got my new guitar the other day, and im going to start cleaning it regularly, so that it doesnt get in the state that my other one is in. ive already took some kitchen towel over the strings and its made a difference. but what kind of things can i use to completely clean them like a cleaner? and what is safe to use on the body, that wont mark/stain it? i have no wd40, or anything, so none of that!
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I use Big Bends cleaning wipes for strings, usually does the trick.. plenty of different brands around though, Lemon Oil on the fretboard.. Rosewood or maple neck? Think the Lemon Oil i have isn't advised on maple necks..Also plenty of Polishes around for the body just check to make sure they go with the finish of your guitar, think Ernie Ball/Dunlop make some.
Hope any of that helps
maple on one, and rosewood on the other i cant buy any string cleaning kits or anything and i dont have any lemon oil or anything would window cleaner work for the body? or would it damage the finish?
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Never tried it to be honest, Have heard of some people using glass cleaner/furniture polish, If you are going to try that I'd advise putting it on the cloth then to the guitar rather than spraying it straight on.
Maybe just try a small area on the back or something first.
Would definitely recommend getting proper guitar polish if at all possible though.. pretty cheap and does last ages
Quote by kelvin13
Never tried it to be honest, Have heard of some people using glass cleaner/furniture polish, If you are going to try that I'd advise putting it on the cloth then to the guitar rather than spraying it straight on.
Maybe just try a small area on the back or something first.
Would definitely recommend getting proper guitar polish if at all possible though.. pretty cheap and does last ages

i have before, but i want to take alot of care with this one, and not like bleach the finish or corrode it or something
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Ah ok then
Well in that case I'm all out of ideas!
I'd just recommend the first things i mentioned
Btw Dunlop lemon oil for the fretboard is pretty cheap and has lasted me ages
Good luck anyway
i have improvised. found an old foam psp case, that ive cut and made into a string cleaner, works a charm! also found a flanel that im using to clean the body, and neck of my guitars. looking good so far
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700