I feel really bummed at this, I saw them live back in August last year.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
My ipod is in my sisters car and she isnt home, my girlfriend almost broke up with, some idiot stole my bike and now the guitarist from Gwar is dead? FML -.-'
GWAR are shite, and their live show is embarrasing.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Then why would you come into a thread specifically about GWAR?

RIP to Corey. I've never listened to GWAR, but I respect what they've done.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I've never listened to GWAR, but I respect what they've done.
Wait... b-but, then, why? You make it sound like if someone simply does something they're worthy of your respect.
Haha the idea of 'respecting' fake blood and piss in massive quantities is faintly ridiculous. Shite news anyway, didnt like the band but their live show looked like good craic.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Well, that's shit. I'm one of the few here who was looking forward to their next album.

Never got to see them live. They came to Australia once, in recent memory but they didn't play anywhere near my town and I didn't have the funds to make it.
Never liked them. Was only watching their performance at Sounds of the Underground the other day on DVD and pretty much shaking my head in shame. Having said that, I feel sorry for his band mates, family, etc. Regardless of how I feel about him or his music, he was still a musician, and more than that, he was still a human and it sucks for those close to him. Condolences, etc.

/2c
Quote by Sanitarium91
Wait... b-but, then, why? You make it sound like if someone simply does something they're worthy of your respect.

You don't find GWAR to be a respectable band? I don't listen to them because I don't favor their music, but what they've done in their career is impressive. Not to mention they're hilarious.
He's saying that it would be foolish to respect something you've never partaken in. In other words, you haven't heard a thing they've done, but you respect them. Similar to respecting all that Einstein has done for science without knowing a damn thing about his theories. It's repulsive.
Philosophy > Life
Never liked the band, and I think their shows are stupid. But then again, people dying is almost always a terrible thing so RIP.
This is another tragedy. Whenever someone dies it is always tragic. And he was a fellow guitar player to boot. So the field of music will miss him.

By the way, I've never actually heard any Gwar. How do they sound like?

ron666
Shitty band, that I have absolutely no respect for. They're a joke band, and don't take music seriously. I'm not saying you have to be amazing at what you do-or be extremely sophisticated. But their piss/shit shows is an embarrassment to metal, and music in general. Why should anybody respect their music-if they themselves don't?
A load of total nonsense musically and live, but RIP
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by FifthHorsemen
Shitty band, that I have absolutely no respect for. They're a joke band, and don't take music seriously. I'm not saying you have to be amazing at what you do-or be extremely sophisticated. But their piss/shit shows is an embarrassment to metal, and music in general. Why should anybody respect their music-if they themselves don't?

If they set up their gigs in a non-serious manner on purpose, they obviously put thought into their presentation, which is, so to speak, taking their music seriously. Think through the shit before you start jumping to false conclusions.
What's the point of living if you're not living a dream?
Quote by FifthHorsemen

I probably shouldn't need to explain it to you, but the shit and piss and blood are fake, they're not actually alien monsters here to kill us all, and the presidents and members or parliament they decapitate every night are actually ridiculous caricatures and not the real thing.

Seriously though, why should they have to be serious to earn your respect? Don't you respect anybody with a sense of humour? Do you hate all comedians? Is it just the costumes? In that case, I bet you ****ing hate clowns. They have costumes and a sense of humour.

What about the people who get off on real piss and shit? And the people who upload it on the internet? And then the people who jack off to it? Surely you take more offence from those people than you do from a group of musical clowns with excessive props.
Some of you guys should a learn a lesson or two in tact, and maybe wait a little while after a man has passed away before you start lauding your opinions about.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by FifthHorsemen

Sounds like you have a good point. I have not listened to much Gwar, so I cannot comment on their music. But still the fact that they wear those costumes makes people suspect that they are more "show" than "substance."

Sometimes it looks like they took what Alice Cooper did and took his concept to ridiculous extremes.

ron666
IIRC that he is like the third or fourth member of Gwar that has passed away. i never liked their music, but seeing them live twice was a hell of a lot of fun. they certainly have a good show. IMO they were kind of a band you had to be there live to appreciate. RIP.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Does anyone know what he died of yet?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I haven't heard anything, but it usually takes a while for these things to come back anyways. I'm sure the news team would have copied it from some other website already
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Butt Rayge

Seriously though, why should they have to be serious to earn your respect? Don't you respect anybody with a sense of humour? Do you hate all comedians? Is it just the costumes? In that case, I bet you ****ing hate clowns. They have costumes and a sense of humour.

Now that you mentioned clowns, what did one cannibal say to the other cannibal after they just finished eating a clown?

"I don't know about you, but I still say that he tasted kind of funny to me."

ron666