Anyone ever played one? I'm sick of my B-52 but still want a large amp (which is probably a terrible idea), and always having liked the good ol' sound of AC30's, and with there being several on used.guitarcenter.com for $600, I'm pretty interested. Any thoughts?
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
They're not anything like an AC30. I thought they sounded awful, and there's a reason they were discontinued so quickly. Try one out if you can find one in a store, but I would not suggest buying one online.
I'm not in a position to try one out, so I'll just take your word on it.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
Yes, I've heard good and bad things about them, but the general consensus both ways is that it isn't much like an AC30.

Is price the only issue? If you're worried about the volume not comparing well with your AT-100, you can rest assured that the AC30 fully capable of causing hearing loss.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
You don't need a halfstack. If you like how the AC30 sounds, get one. They're loud as shit.