im having big issues with unwanted noise. i get a clicking noise from the string hitting the fret as i press down with my finger to fret it and im also getting a buzz when i release the finger pressure after playing a note. The action isnt low and the neck isnt warped so i think its more a technique issue rather than an instrument problem
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Usually those two aren't even noticed through an amp or on recording, but if it's prominent you might consider improving your technique.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Technique and drop some treble from your tone, but yes live ad in a recording it shouldn't be an issue
are there any suggestions on how to improve my technique? iv only been playing bass about a year but i have about 7 years experience on electric guitar with no issues
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
are there any suggestions on how to improve my technique? iv only been playing bass about a year but i have about 7 years experience on electric guitar with no issues

either play with a pick, or if you want to pursue fingerstyle (which you.really should if you want to be a well rounded player) drop the treble a bit, and try to focus on hitting the string parallel to the frets, and just your strumming hand's angle a bit. This is what I'm trying to do. Sometimes a bit more string tension helps.
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Quote by ETHANEVIL
either play with a pick, or if you want to pursue fingerstyle (which you.really should if you want to be a well rounded player) drop the treble a bit, and try to focus on hitting the string parallel to the frets, and just your strumming hand's angle a bit. This is what I'm trying to do. Sometimes a bit more string tension helps.

Wow, he is having problems with his fretting hand... and how do you pick a string parallel to the frets when they are exclusively perpendicular?

TS look up finger strength exercises, and practice precise and slow and speed up.