Alright, so my band will be performing two songs in a local tv show. "Crosstown Traffic" by Jimi, and "Moves Like Jagger," by Maroon 5.
It's a six piece band, and to be quite honest, it's often rare to get all of together for one rehearsal.
There's a girl who lives in a town about 30-40 minutes away from my town, who performed at a venue we did and she absolutely owned. My guitarist and I talked to her about singing Christina Aguilera's part for "Moves Like Jagger," and she was down for it.
Fast forward, it's two weeks till the show, and like I said, with my group having a hard time getting full group rehearsals, is adding this singer for the song a bad idea, when she lives 30-40 minutes away? Is it worth a try?
You said she owned, so she should be able to do it without much practise. I'd say if your all good musicians and you can get at least enough members together to practice the framework of the song you'll do fine.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Play "Killing In The Name" just to piss them off and you can sy you got cut off TV like Elvis!
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
That Maroon 5 song is ****ing crap. Not that you asked our opinion on that, but yeah. Anyways, I say try something else.
Quote by gazzoo
That Maroon 5 song is ****ing crap. Not that you asked our opinion on that, but yeah. Anyways, I say try something else.

Exactly, then why say it?

I think as long as you get one practice in with her, just to get the overall pattern (can't think of a better word) of it down then it should be alright.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Exactly, then why say it?

I think as long as you get one practice in with her, just to get the overall pattern (can't think of a better word) of it down then it should be alright.

Whatevas, man, take it easy. I just had a terrible day at work and may not be in the best mood. Sorry if that bothered you somehow
If she's that good, I'd take the chance with it.
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat
I have never given a golf stack

Congratulations sir.
If you're all good musician's you should easily be able to convincingly wing it. Especially the Maroon 5 song. There's nothing to it. The Hendrix song has some more complex rhythms and timing so you might wanna get that nailed. And for the love of God, please ensure you have kazoos.