I have a VOX VT-40 tube amp and I use it all the time. I usually play it through a Digitech multi-fx pedal, which lets me get all kinds of sounds.

One day, I plugged in to said amp and I noticed that the sound was very quiet and murky. Like, I immediately noticed how bad it was. I was on Acoustic setting so I switched around the different settings. I found that most settings were very quiet and sound really bad. The ones that weren't sounded loud and muddy; These are mostly heavily distorted ones. No matter what I did to the settings on the amp itself, it didn't sound any better and the problem hasn't improved at all.

I tried unplugging everything and even switched the input cables but nothing worked. I tried using just the amp, without the pedal, and I found that it was the actual amp that was sounding bad. The clean setting is very quiet and when I turn it up, it sounds really murky and the whole thing vibrates. All the other settings on the amp (cali clean, blues, highgain) are loud (compared to the clean) and really muddy.

I don't even play that loud on it, and I certainly haven't had it long enough for it to be malfunctioning by itself. Should I take it into Guitar Center to get it fixed? PLEASE HELP!
My Gear:
Schecter Damien Solo Elite
Vox Valvetronix VT40 Combo Amp
Vox VFS5 5 Button Footswitch
Quote by Skwisgaar1996
I have a VOX VT-40 tube amp.

Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
lolwut
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
Quote by callumbloodpuke
no need to be such a dick

you must be unfamiliar with GG&A
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
yeah screw u bluestratplayer, if your not gonna help then dont say anything!
My Gear:
Schecter Damien Solo Elite
Vox Valvetronix VT40 Combo Amp
Vox VFS5 5 Button Footswitch
Quote by Skwisgaar1996
yeah screw u bluestratplayer, if your not gonna help then dont say anything!

what? he's lolling because you called your absolutely solid-state amp a tube amp.

OT: i doubt getting it fixed would be much cheaper than a new amp
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
He should work for Blackstar. And if its under warrenty and its broke then take it back. Its a no brainer. What the **** do you want from us?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
bluestratplayer, i cant help but lol every time i see your sig now
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
Yeah, I dunno if he thought I was loling at his amp, I wasn't because Ive owned worse. Just the fact he called it a tube amp killed me a little.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by bluestratplayer
Yeah, I dunno if he thought I was loling at his amp, I wasn't because Ive owned worse. Just the fact he called it a tube amp killed me a little.

i didn't actually read the post until about 3 minutes later
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
Quote by Juared
what? he's lolling because you called your absolutely solid-state amp a tube amp.

OT: i doubt getting it fixed would be much cheaper than a new amp

+1

You might try replacing the lone preamp tube, but since its a digital modeling amp its probably not that simple.

Is it still under warranty?
Ok all kidding aside, TS I would just take it back to GC and get a new one or something different. It could be user error but just take it back to make sure you didn't get a lemon. Those aren't too bad of amps but depending on the amount you spent, you might actually be able to get something better. Up to you really if you liked the sounds before it borked.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by mcamp1230
+1

You might try replacing the lone preamp tube, but since its a digital modeling amp its probably not that simple.

Is it still under warranty?

No point in replacing that tube honestly. Its not getting enough work, it should last just about forever. Even if it was, take it back and make GC **** with it.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Simple solution: sell it to some sucker, then save for a real Vox.
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
Or if possible and not enough cash for the Vox maybe a Bugger Bc30. Ive heard they are actually pretty good amps.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent