Aight guys, so the Roger Waters tour is coming to my town next summer, and I don't know if I should jump on tix or not. I love Pink Floyd, but I think Waters is a douche for kicking out the rest of the band, and I find it extremely weird for somebody else to be playing Dave's solos.

Nonetheless, it's probably the closest I will ever get to see Pink Floyd live, and Roger is a legend. So what do you guys think, should I go for it? If anybody has been to a show, please tell me what you thought. Thanks
I missed out on seeing him last year and I still regret it. Don't make the same mistakes I did, son. Go.
Go for it. Unless you really hate pink floyd you'll probably enjoy it.
Yes. I saw him a while back in... 2008? 2009? I think?

He was already on The Wall tour, though, and it pretty much rocked my shit.
Yes, and if you ever get a chance to see Australian Pink Floyd go to that, its just like the original Floyd.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
my little brother's a huge Floyd fan (I don't see what all the fuss is about) and he went to see Waters a few years ago and absolutely loved it. So given the opportunity, I'd say go.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Im sure youll enjoy the solos fine. Its an updated version of the wall made for this decade. Extrenley clever and well done. In some years roger will be dead. Convinced?
do it.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Ts have you seen the Chili Peppers live? My favorite band of all time, Saw the Tragically Hip live a little while ago. another on of my favorite bands and was extremely disappointed. I'm hoping the Chili's are better when they come to North America.
He's coming to a town near mine, I want to go, but my dad is the only one who would take me and he's not a very big Floyd fan. He also probably doesn't want to expose his son to marijuana and acid. Can't say I blame him.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Jawlytomtom
Ts have you seen the Chili Peppers live? My favorite band of all time, Saw the Tragically Hip live a little while ago. another on of my favorite bands and was extremely disappointed. I'm hoping the Chili's are better when they come to North America.

I haven't seen the Chili's live. Hate to say it but I had no idea who the Chili Peppers were until 2008 after they were done touring for Stadium Arcadium. They are now easily one of my favorite bands and I wish I could have seen them. Its the same deal as this though, I love RHCP but since John left I just don't know if I want to see them. I know Anthony, Flea and Chad are all great and they put on a rocking show, I just can't stand Josh not doing justice to John's songs.

On the Roger Waters note, told my dad about it and he got super excited, looks like we're going to see him. I'm expecting seriously great things from this show from what you guys have said.
Go see them, regardless of what you think of Waters, you'll always wish you had gone if you don't.
Quote by Apollo1449
blah blah blah random stupid bullshit blah blah blah

fixed.
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
My dad and a ton of his buddies went last year and were left speechless. I watched the DVD and was speechless. I am hoping to go this time around myself. It's worth it dude. Dave Kilminster is amazing and I think is the perfect fit (if there needed to be) for someone to play Gilmour's solos. Go.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W