Anyone tried out the Blackstar HT-5r OR Blackstar HT-5?

Just curious.
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yep lovin my HT-5.

Would recommend it, it even sounds awesome being put through a 4x12 cab!
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
Quote by VintageAmigo
Anyone tried out the Blackstar HT-5r OR Blackstar HT-5?

Just curious.

Do a browse, there's loads of threads on it already, there was another one earlier today too. You'll find loads of info and reviews/opinions.
I've owned a blackstar ht-5 for around year now. Its a pretty good head, certainly well built and really durable. The sound isn't maybe quite as good as I hoped or it may just be my taste in tone and/or my guitar. I recommend you try it out first, the reverb is definately a good addition in the ht-5r, and it may sound better. Hope this helps

My guitar is an epiphone les paul black beauty btw

EDIT: Also want to add, from what i've heard the speaker in the stock cab isn't great but I haven't bothered to change mine so i can't give any help with that
Last edited by Cameron1469 at Nov 3, 2011,
Quote by Twidler
Do a browse, there's loads of threads on it already, there was another one earlier today too. You'll find loads of info and reviews/opinions.

Alright, cool man, thanks!
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
it's the best all tube 5 watter on the planet.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I like my HT5. Takes pedals well enough.

No one mention tubes!

Edit: ^ ninja'd
Last edited by Daviec at Nov 3, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

it's a great amp, get the white one.

Awesome amp... It was that good I went to PMT and bought the HT100
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
Oh Greg

Quote by dynastywest69
Awesome amp... It was that good I went to PMT and bought the HT100

Do you live in southend?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by gregs1020

But, but...WHITE IS NOT BR00tlz!!!!!!!
It has "Black" in the name and it is a black amp, that means it is supposed to be br00tlz!!!

^That was the metal player I have in me, not much left of him though^
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Tom 1.0
White is br00tal as ****

OT: The HT-5 is overrated IMO. It's good a good crunch sound but I don't really like the cleans.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC

OT: The HT-5 is overrated IMO. It's good a good crunch sound but I don't really like the cleans.
I can only name like...2 tube/hybrid amps below the $1k mark that have both great cleans and overdrive aside from modeler hybrids.

The HT-5 cleans are very usable, especially with single coils. The OD is great, especially with an EQ pedal. It's a 5 watt practice amp and it does its job well.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Nov 3, 2011,
Quote by Ayses
I can only name like...2 tube/hybrid amps below the $1k mark that have both great cleans and overdrive aside from modeler hybrids.

The HT-5 cleans are very usable, especially with single coils. The OD is great, especially with an EQ pedal. It's a 5 watt practice amp and it does its job well.

Well I bought the AC4 and an OD pedal. Good cleans and crunch
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Regardless of how it sounds, at least you can rest assured you have a 100% all tube amp with no solid state circuitry in it. Just one of those things that helps you sleep better at night. Like knowing our government is doing the best job they could possibly do right now.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Okay. This amp has it's niche. These points characterize it rather well, I think:
- good modern rock distortion
- halfway decent for high-gain
- crap low-gain
- crap cleans
- good practice amp for home use
- okay practice amp for band use even
- very portable
- stage-volume? Lol. Small stages will be okay, and if you don't mind hearing yourself through the monitors only it's also okay, I guess
- rather pricey for it's quality of tone and power-rating

So if you want a small amp that you can play Foo Fighters covers with at home and that isn't a pain in the arse to drag to band practice, this is the amp for you. Anything else, nah.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Nov 4, 2011,
Ive got me a HT5C and im more than happy with it.

Great tube amp for the price, has an FX loop which is uncommon in amps of this price range, he get some overdrive when you crank it up and its pretty goddamn loud. It could be heard over a live drummer (who plays hard) bass, singer and keys in a recent band practice and the volume was turned up to about 3 o clock so could go louder.

Takes pedals well, i can get a really nice distorted tone out of it and the ISF feature will really help shape your tone from american style bright tones to a slightly muddier British crunch.

I think the newer one actually now has a 12" Blackbird speaker compared to omy 10"Celestial
Quote by coolstoryangus
i've heard its got a similar design to the legendary jcm900 dual reverb.
I'd hit it.

ahahahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it's exactly 1/12th of your HT60.

still, i'd get the white one, it's brighter.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Shut up gregs this ones for his brother! or cousin or some other shite

no he's not.

he just wants to know if we've tried it.

read the OP you n00b.
^ I tried it. I then urinated on it to mark my territory.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
now BCRich5000 is gonna chime in with his recommendation.

and flame me.

TS - i tried it, i owned it, i sold it. you?
I've got a HT-20 head and although they're different amps, if mine's anything to go by they're brilliant.
Quote by mnf50
I've got a HT-20 head and although they're different amps, if mine's anything to go by they're brilliant.
In my experience, the HT-20 is darker than the HT-5 with less defined mids, and a much better clean channel.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
So you liked it.

Lol yep. I just really like the HT-5's tone. I think it's not for everyone but it's perfect for me.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Last edited by Ayses at Nov 4, 2011,
They sell used for peanuts. Everybody who buys one ends up dumping it on Craigslist for much less than its retail value.
^ That's true for pretty much every amp. There'd be no point for craigslist if the stuff on it was the same as retail value. I'm also willing to bet that the vast majority of people who've bought them haven't sold/planned to sell them. I know 2 people personally who've had the originals since they came out and still like them.

UG is literally the only place I've seen where they get a bad rep. And even then it's 50/50.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Quote by gregs1020
now BCRich5000 is gonna chime in with his recommendation.

and flame me.

TS - i tried it, i owned it, i sold it. you?

I did the same. Owned the HT-5 combo for over a year.

Only took a few months for me to start disliking it. But I also blame that on my playing style changing.
Quote by Ayses

UG is literally the only place I've seen where they get a bad rep. And even then it's 50/50.

Didn't you know, everyone on UG is smarter than everyone else.
Quote by coolstoryangus
i've heard its got a similar design to the legendary jcm900 dual reverb.
I'd hit it.

+1

From what I've heard there were some groundbreaking innovations used on the JCM900 and they became so respected that the engineers who designed it left to form Blackstar.

Quote by Ayses

Well you know the reason they get hate here... Other than that they are actually pretty well represented. Look back at Quailman's post. I think it was a good objective breakdown.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Nov 9, 2011,
can we close this?

the TS posted it and hasn't been back since to answer a single question.

trollin' is his way of life.
*reported* for trolling, not following 311's guidelines.

and other shit i can't remember now.