Page 1 of 2
Anyone have experience with these amps? I'm looking at the VT40+ for practice, rehearsal and possibly small gigs (40-50 people I'm guessing, maximum 100 or so)

Thanks for any input!
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Good practice amps IMO. I gigged with my old VT50 a few times in front of a crowd that size and it held up alright.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by bluestratplayer

he is asking about the amp, not other amps for his price range.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Most_Triumphant
he is asking about the amp, not other amps for his price range.

In that case it sucks.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Mediocre sounds. For the price it cost new, you can do much better most likely. I could provide much more helpful responses if I knew anything about the gear you would be using with it, types of tones you are hoping to get out of it, and how much you could potentially spend on an amp. Which is why I posted the link you chose to ignore.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Budget: 500 dollars, I only want to spend 300-350 on an amp though, the rest so I can have cash for pup upgrades on my strat and a set up for it.

Genres: Indie, Surf, Punk, Classic Rock, Ska, Alternative (90s era)

New/Used?: Makes no difference.

Home/Gig?: Both, see first post.

Closest City: Rochester, MI

Current Gear: Fender Mustang (P90 bridge, Lace Silver neck), MIM Strat (Stock, switching to lace blue/silver/red), Laney GC50 (upgrading, which is why I made the topic), Big Muff Sovtek, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey.

Happy now?
Thank you. Ill be back with some links for you.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
There are two Bugera V22s on guitarcenter.com/used for $250

A Valveking 112 is on that same site for $200

Peavey Classic 30 for $250 again same site.

There is three, Ill search your Clist in a min.

There is a Peavey Classic 50 on Detroit Clist for $375. If you talked him down a bit that would be a good amp.

Bugera Bc30 on there as well. he is asking $450. Offer 350 you never know.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Last edited by bluestratplayer at Nov 3, 2011,
Buying new is like buying cars new, you pay for the smell and lose a shit ton of money when you leave the parking lot. And with used amps, the speakers should be broken in too so thats actually a bit of a plus. Just my opinion though. Problem is you won't get a very good amp new for that much money and you can get a good tube amp used for that much.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
everything you mentioned at guitarcenter.com/used are all in the 350 to 400 dollars range....
The prices I quoted were directly from that page. Valveking 112 for 200, blah blah blah. May take some looking around. And all those will destroy anything the VT tries to do.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Green_Ghoul
everything you mentioned at guitarcenter.com/used are all in the 350 to 400 dollars range....

Ok, lets walk you through this...I tried it with the bugeras and it worked.....

Go to guitarcenter.com click all used gear

Keyword: Bugera v22
Category: Amps
Price Range 0-300
Zip/Mile From Zip: Go crazy.......

Repeat with other recommendations.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
You are clicking on price so it arranges the posts from lowest to highest right?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by JKHC

Ok, lets walk you through this...I tried it with the bugeras and it worked.....

Go to guitarcenter.com click all used gear

Keyword: Bugera v22
Category: Amps
Price Range 0-300
Zip/Mile From Zip: Go crazy.......

Repeat with other recommendations.

He's probably never been on that site before. He'll get it. I just click price that way it shows lowest first. Best site ever just about.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Ok I figured it out, I was just searching guitar center then hit used. All of them are too far away, so I don't see the point in buying without trying.
Quote by bluestratplayer
In that case it sucks.

You suck
Don't be dissing Vox with me around

I have a Vox AD30VT.
Works like a champ.
Stock speakers are kind of sucky IMO though.

There are other amps in your price range.
Don't limit yourself to just one brand.
Quote by Green_Ghoul
Ok I figured it out, I was just searching guitar center then hit used. All of them are too far away, so I don't see the point in buying without trying.

Couldn't you ask them to mail it to you or your local GC? They might have a money back guarantee, I know they do with in-store used stuff so they probably do with used stuff they mail to you. Call and check.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
^I didn't diss vox, just the inbred amps they are passing off as modelers

And to TS, go have them shipped to you. Try locally if you can. And you should have no problem trying a valveking somewhere, they're everywhere.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Green_Ghoul
I don't like guitar center though.

Any particular reason why????????

Go on ebay or craigslist then.....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Green_Ghoul
I don't like guitar center though.

Then spend more money on an inferior amp, I can give a **** less. I helped, Im done. Enjoy whatever you end up buying.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
but i don't know. Can you say 'craigs list' though? my dyslexia makes it look like a different word D;

Are there any other options that a musicgoround or marshall music store would have? I've never bought on craigslist except that one time....never again.
Just bad experiences with the workers in the store in my area. Bluestratplayer, you are short fused, you're guitar probably isn't even blue.
I just have no patience for incompetence. Buy a Spider IV, its the best amp around.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I don't like line6....I'm also not incompetent. Sorry for your woes of having to deal with someone who doesn't frequent the guitar center website....
Quote by Green_Ghoul
but i don't know. Can you say 'craigs list' though? my dyslexia makes it look like a different word D;

Are there any other options that a musicgoround or marshall music store would have? I've never bought on craigslist except that one time....never again.

Well, bluestratplayer, giving up on a fellow UGer so easily huh?

And I'm sorry.....Craigs List. Better?

When you say marshall music store, do you mean one thats dedicated to selling marshall amp, if so then no, you're not getting anything good under $500 there.

I went on musicgoaround (btw, can you please spell it Music Go Around? My imaginary dyslexia is mixing up letters ) and can't really find much used considering they're more of a chain store and don't have a good used inventory.

EDIT: Green....you say you don't like GC because of the employees? Then have them mail it home. Call the GC where you see the used amps and ask them to mail it to your house or just go pick it up from your local Guitar Center. I'm sure having a 1 minute conversation with the employee about picking up an amp won't kill you.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Last edited by JKHC at Nov 3, 2011,
dyslexia isn't imaginary bro. marshall music is just a store near where I grew up, they sell guitars/bass/orchestra instruments, and everything related to them
Quote by Green_Ghoul
dyslexia isn't imaginary bro.

I was making fun of you!!!! Way to ruin my moment.......

Buy used online at GC!!!! Read the edit on my previous post.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
what's with the kissy face? I don't want to kiss you or your blue strat.

sorry for ruining said moment D; I'll just wait up at musicgoround or even limelight music, it's like 4 minutes away if I were to walk and got lucky at the stop light, 5 minutes if I have to wait for the walk signal.
Bluestrat, stop being an annoying, useless ass....

Green, stop commenting on his pic....
and thank you for sharing your location compared to the music store. Please do tell me whether you wait for the signal, I'm so interested.

So just buy online from GC and have them mail it to your house. Problem solved.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
what the hell is with the douchebaggery on the amp board....I'm not at a house, I'm in a dorm.....
Well, have you decided that you're going to buy used online from GC and have them mail it to your dorm/local GC? I''ve asked/recommended you this 3 time and you ignored it.....3 times.....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I didn't ignore it, I thought it was a wonderful idea. I just don't like the fact that I'm ordering something I can't try before buying, which is why I never buy gear online. And the closest GC is in Roseville, which has more douches than this board....3 times as many....

So, I'm
Quote by Green_Ghoul
So, I'm

.....incomplete?

And people generally don't like it when you insult them, they'll be less inclined to help you. And there are people on this forum that have alot more insight and knowledge on amps than I do so if you want them to help you then you should try to be nice......
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I am being nice.....you guys attacked me initially with "it sucks" and "haha dyslexia"

yeah, let's all pick on the kid who can't read and has low self esteem....great idea.
Page 1 of 2