what do u people think about the blackstar pedals specifically the HT Reverb and Modulation. i know the HT Dual is good
Last edited by oldmetallica at Nov 6, 2011,
i'm sure they're pretty good. blackstar makes some quality stuff. but for modulation i'd rather go with someone that is more centered around pedals like that. for the money, i don't think they are really worth it.

i think you'd be better off getting something more along the lines of an MXR phase 90, ehx holy grail, and an MXR carbon copy.

thats just me though. i personally prefer analogue effects nor have i ever used or heard the blackstar pedals
They’re just digital effects pedals with a tube thrown in to justify charging higher prices. Sticking a tube into a digital reverb unit does not make it a tube reverb in the sense that a Fender reverb tank is a tube reverb. Save yourself some money and just buy pedals from Guitar Fetish. The GFS pedals are really nice and a steal compared to most other Asian-made pedals.
Quote by andrerist
i'm sure they're pretty good. blackstar makes some quality stuff. but for modulation i'd rather go with someone that is more centered around pedals like that. for the money, i don't think they are really worth it.

i think you'd be better off getting something more along the lines of an MXR phase 90, ehx holy grail, and an MXR carbon copy.

thats just me though. i personally prefer analogue effects nor have i ever used or heard the blackstar pedals

or for just a little bit more, a Malekko phaser (find used <$100), Hermida Reverb $100 (new, i would imagine ~$75 used) and a Malekko EKKO 616 delay (used around $100-$110), and have a much better tone.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/