hi, Ive gone through 2 monster cables in the last 2 years and Im tired of those stupid cables dying. Can someone recommend me some good durable cables that are under $30, under 12ft, and sound clear? The monster cables I had were NOISY and hardly lasted.

TY
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
I have a VTG audio cable that I've had for three years, I don't remember the cost but it's 6 feet long.

As far as quality goes, it's not crackly or anything, but I don't have much experience with cables.
I use digiflex. They're really good quality, made in Canada and will last you a real long while if you take care of em I highly recommend them!
yeahbut! you get free monster cables from any store when they break! one buy, get the gold one.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

lol I bought the monster cables online with a gift card I had, I thought they were good. No store sells them around here. The only store I went to to check cables, they had really noisy ones. So Im looking for good cable online that would last a long time and sound quiet.

Ive heard good things about dimarzio and whirlwind, anyone have experience?

Also a really big curiosity of mine. I dont know if Im the only one, but I get mad noise from my guitar when I move in a circle except for at 2 spots. Dont get what Im saying? Im in my room and I either have to play facing my desk or facing my bed so that I dont have any feedback. Every other direction I face, I get lots of feedback, why is this?
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
stuff like computer monitors and t.v.s can give some gnarly feedback. and obviously facing the amp can create feedback. the layout of the room and amp position also comes into play.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I've not had any issues with my Monster cables. I know that doesn't really help you, but unless you're putting them through hell they should last a while? I'd imagine that Monster would send you a new one if you called them and told them they've broken twice.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
my local music store has a lifetime warranty on their own cables. IF it breaks bring it back and pop a new one
I've had a single monster cable for 5 years now. It has seen me through many bands and it is still like new, never gave me an inch of trouble. I haven't ever needed any other cable since I actually got it. Kinda weird! Expensive but you get what you pay for.
Quote by 3074326
I've not had any issues with my Monster cables. I know that doesn't really help you, but unless you're putting them through hell they should last a while? I'd imagine that Monster would send you a new one if you called them and told them they've broken twice.

i have 20+ (not just in jumpers, 12' foot, mostly 21') cables and at least 10 speaker cables.

i have had one fail. in eight years with quite a bit of abuse.

Wait...

are you talking the cheap monster?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by bustapr
Ive heard good things about dimarzio and whirlwind, anyone have experience?

Whirlwind whirlwind whirlwind.

Seriously, my friend won one in a raffle/sweepstakes/drawing/whateverthehellyouwanttocallit and he didn't care for it, so he let me borrow it. I still have it, lol. Best cable I've ever used. It's never died on me, it rarely tangled (I'm looking at you, Vintage Voltage), and, umm, sounds good? I honestly can't tell the tonal difference between cables. It made it maybe a decibel louder, but that's about it.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
I don't think your cables are causing your noise. Sounds like you have a much bigger problem than cables. Probably just a bad ground solder in your guitar.

Anyway, I kind of swear by Live Wires. They're cheap as dirt, but I've been using some of the same cables for like 4 years, and they get stepped on/thrown about almost every day. Still going strong. I think I've had 2 die on me, out of all the ones I've owned. They have a lifetime warranty I believe, but I've never tried to use it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I use DiMarzios with the outer woven braid. They last a lifetime.

They aren't the cheapest cable in the world, but you get what you pay for.
The two bottom of the line monster cables I had lasted 8 years. You sure you're not doing something wrong?

(I use DiMarzio cables now, by the way. They're no Mogami, but they're good enough.)
Cant go wrong with monsters quality, but planetwaves makes some very good cables at verrrry cheap prices. I've never had problems with any of mine.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
I don't like a cable that I can't fix. All these fancy, expensive cables have closed jackets that you can't open up, it's really lame.

I had a planet waves cable, that died on me. I have has the same 4 Switchcraft cables, they have lasted up to six years, and only one connection broke, which I was able to fix that evening. Sounds like shielded copper to me.

Hell, they're even the cheapest ones available at my local music store.
If you take care of your stuff even cheap cables will last for years.
Try coiling up your cable when your done using it, don't just wad it up and put it away.

get a small bag/back-pack to store your cables in, it works wonders.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
cleartone!!!!

customizable cables madeto oder to high quality parts and they are cheap. its like a dream.

all of my cables will be coming from this company from now on.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html

van damme cablee, neutrik connectors, and you specify the length and pay what you should per foot. amazing.
I have a gold series mogami guitar cable and its really nice but its gonna be hella expensive to do my guitar, amp speaker cables, and patch cables for pedals all in mogami... I'm not sure its worth the price.
Last edited by nickni at Nov 5, 2011,
I find live wire advantage cables are pretty nice, they come in alot of different lengths too