Hey guys, relatively newbie player here.

My crappy Behringer modelling amp (which I've had for almost two years) keeps dropping in volume recently. Im playing and then it suddenly goes quiet and then goes back up again. I'm wondering whether this is a common issue with cheap amps or whether it could possibly be something loose in my guitar's input jack?

The jack itself came loose a while back and so I took it in to get fixed up and seems stable (and I trust my guitar shop guys, lol) so I hope that that isn't the problem...

Thanks.
Do the honorable thing and set it on fire. It'll thank you for it.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
The amp you mean? Haha, yeah. I've decided to get a DAW like Cubase or something and Amplitube(or similar) until I can get a tube amp. I guess it isnt worth fixing my Behringer?
Is it a tube amp? You might have to change the tubes, and you probably should asap before something breaks.
No, its a solid state. Was just wondering whether its a common issue for these amps or if it could result from a poor guitar jack repair... I don't have any other electrics to test whether its the guitar or amp.
One thing you could do is borrow another guitar with a new cable and try it on the amp. If it happens with another guitar plus cable you'll know it is the amp as a definite. As everyone has made it very clear I wouldn't bother paying to have it fixed again. If you want another amp there are some awesome amps going cheap second hand you just need to look a little.
Quote by Edox442
Hey guys, relatively newbie player here.

My crappy Behringer modelling amp (which I've had for almost two years) keeps dropping in volume recently. Im playing and then it suddenly goes quiet and then goes back up again. I'm wondering whether this is a common issue with cheap amps or whether it could possibly be something loose in my guitar's input jack?

The jack itself came loose a while back and so I took it in to get fixed up and seems stable (and I trust my guitar shop guys, lol) so I hope that that isn't the problem...

Thanks.

yes it might be the guitar's jack.

to know you'll want to remove the jack and see if both wires are still connected to the jack.

or you can try a different guitar and cable thru that amp.

(i think like suggested somewhere in here)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Did you find the problem?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Input jacks developing cracked solder joints where mounted to the circuit board is common.
Is it a tube amp?

If yes: maybe the crystal lettuce is torn
If no: maybe you need a tube amp
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
^how many times does he have to say no?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
many, many times.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
Hm, well the wires to my jack seem legit. I suppose it must be my amp. :|
2 years is a suprisingly long life for a behringer product..
Ibanez Prestige RG3270
Axe FX II
Quote by Juared
Is it a tube amp?

If yes: maybe the crystal lettuce is torn
If no: maybe you need a tube amp

Crystal lettuce is in a solid state amp.
If your going to make dumble jokes at least get them right.