Protip: you don't do any better when you're high
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
First of all, it's well not good and second you only think you're playing better because you're high. Record what you play and listen to it sober and it will still suck, trust me.
Weed doesn't make you a better musician.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Quote by Primus2112

Protip: Prefixing what you're about to say with "protip" doesn't make it any more professional and just makes you sound like a pretentious tool.

But yeah, this.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Protip: Prefixing what you're about to say with "protip" doesn't make it any more professional and just makes you sound like a pretentious tool.

But yeah, this.

that's what I was going for

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
when i play high i cant play worth a shit.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by solo_freak
Weed doesn't make you a better musician.

It's true, cocaine does, just ask all the jazz musicians.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Trying playing after drinking redbull. I swear my music kicks ass after a few redbulls.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
1. Buy Phaser
2. Learn Simple Two-Handed Tapping Licks
3. Dance With Mary Jane
4. Record It
5.???
6. PROFIT
you're a stone fox
Quote by SkepsisMetal
You know what you could do then, to help this?

Learn to play guitar.

PM me for newts
Maybe you should take some anti-depressants so you can develop a sense of good self esteem.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Saint78
1. Buy Phaser
2. Learn Simple Two-Handed Tapping Licks
3. Dance With Mary Jane
4. Record It
5.???
6. PROFIT

THIS.
Unless you have a broken leg, crutches aren't a good thing.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by moses132049
when im high my playing remains unaffected as far as i can tell (i have recorded it) the only difference is thats its so much more fun. (not that it already isnt)

Word.
Quote by EyeForgot
I dont like death
except DETH

Rust in piece, Brennan.

you don't need a license to drive a sandwich.

i crossed my arms and felt like a pretzel named sophie

The universe, man
Quote by Primus2112

Hmm, you know the OP? Small world.

To OP: I get the same thing, man. Drugs definitely allow me to form musical ideas and know the next note to play better. Anyone that says differently is wrong. I've amazed people with the guitar while I was high plenty of times, it happens much less often while I am sober.
the only part of playing that weed helps me with is confidence. It makes me better at picking up an instrument and playing something. It does absolutely nothing for how well I play though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
the only part of playing that weed helps me with is confidence. It makes me better at picking up an instrument and playing something. It does absolutely nothing for how well I play though.
This i feel is good opinion thank u
Quote by Ramenman01
ic, many people dont like to smoke while they play i guess

I love smoking weed and playing, it just doesn't make me play better.
Quote by SlayingDragons
I love smoking weed and playing, it just doesn't make me play better.

absolutely, forgot to include in my post that although it doesn't make me better, playing music baked is really fun.

edit: ^^cheers.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I have a problem producing electronic music without amphetamines.

My problem's more reasonable.
They help me focus, work longer, and have more fun doing minute things like perfecting a kick and stuff like that.
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 3, 2011,
I know for a fact that I can't play whilst high worth a damn but one thing I've been told I do is compose a lot better while in some way inebriated.

Thats why I start things when drunk/stoned, notating it and then fixing it when I wake the next morning.

Anyway apologies for going off topic I really think that people should be fully clear-minded when they play their instruments.