Anybody know where you can get coloured bass strings from? My buddy just bought some really thick ernie ball strings and they're black so i was wondering how many colours you can get.
Currently tormenting: FleaBass Street bass, Dean Edge 10A PJ, Wesley Acrylic 5, Fender Strat, Ibanez GRG250, H&S 6.
AMPS: Kustom Defender, Laney 300

Officer: How high are you?
My buddy: No officer, it's 'Hi how are you?'
Quote by infectednations
Anybody know where you can get coloured bass strings from? My buddy just bought some really thick ernie ball strings and they're black so i was wondering how many colours you can get.

DR Strings have 2 colored lines of strings. You can get them at Guitar Center and Musician's Friend, or probably anywhere else that sells strings. I heard they aren't that great though. I've never heard of colored Ernie Ball's though.
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil
I know the bassist from korn is using Green ones. Never seen them for sale though. Would love some for gigs
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Quote by The9
I know the bassist from korn is using Green ones. Never seen them for sale though. Would love some for gigs

I've got a purple bass so it'd be kind of weird with green strings
Currently tormenting: FleaBass Street bass, Dean Edge 10A PJ, Wesley Acrylic 5, Fender Strat, Ibanez GRG250, H&S 6.

I used them and I personally didnt like them. It wasnt too long before some of the color started to come off in spots and the tone went to hell within a month or so. I almost checked my truss rod and intonation it was so bad. I decided to change strings instead. I put on some elixir's and my guitar sounded great again.
Quote by pushingthrough
I used them and I personally didn't like them. It wasn't too long before some of the color started to come off in spots and the tone went to hell within a month or so. I almost checked my truss rod and intonation it was so bad. I decided to change strings instead. I put on some elixir's and my guitar sounded great again.

Horses for courses, I guess. I've been using DR Neons on my 5-string for about a year now, and I love them. I've always enjoyed coated strings, and have always loved elixirs on my guitars, but just couldn't enjoy them on bass at all, for some reason. But since the Neons I haven't used back. I've found the coating can chip a little at some point on the neck, especially if you have uneven frets, and near the pickups if you use a very aggressive pickstyle (I'm in a covers band so i tend to run the gamut), but generally it's been pretty tenacious. I think I've gone through 3 sets since last November, when I started using them? They're stainless on roundcore, and I think they only come in medium, with the option of a 125/130 B, if that influences your decision at all. I also have a set of their plain black strings on my 6-string bass, and they feel/sound the same, to me.
Google: "Strings By Aurora". Haven't used them myself but they've got a lot better range of colours than the DRs and I can't see any possibility of them sounding worse.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
i was wonderin if any1 plays bass with there fingers would they last longer den wit a pick?????
DR warns using a pick will shorten the life of the Neons, can't comment on by how much though.

Also, learn to spell.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by david97
i I was wonderin wondering, if any1 I were to plays bass with there my fingers would they last longer den than wit with a pick?????

F - See Me
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Last edited by Killerfridge at Nov 5, 2011,
Quote by Donkey_Punch
Forgot to make "play" singular.^

No, I didn't - the s actually has a line through it (as in s)

Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by Killerfridge
F - See Me

HERO <3

Quote by consecutive e
I can't see any possibility of them sounding worse.

I have set on my F-414 and they are worse than the DR's.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I've had a set of DR neons on my bass for around 4 months. The coating still looks fine despite plenty of double thumbing. They sound better than any other string I've tried so far too.