Page 1 of 3
November Rain.

CALLING ALL OF THE PIT'S MUSICIANS V5.0

GOAL: You have until November 15 to learn a song, any song of your choice, with the instrument of your choice, and record it and upload it.(To Youtube or any related site). This should prove some fun and a good time waster and all along your becoming a better musician. After all entries have been made we will judge on cleanliness, accuracy, techniques (ex. good harmonics or vibrato), styles, speed, etc. and overall impression.

NOTICE: Do not upload to a site where you have to register to view the videos (ie, facebook, etc)

*** OPEN REGISTRATION ***

Clock showing what time it is in EST: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ti...a/eastern-time/

Thanks to StewieSwan for this:
To export a GP5 drum track as an Mp3 if I just download the song from UG...

Make sure only the drum track is on (mute the others or press the S button on the drum track in GP) and then go File - Export - MIDI. Once the drum MIDI is exported, find it wherever you put it and open it with itunes. Then right click the track and select "create mp3".
If it doesn't say mp3, if it's another kind of format then go Edit - Preferences - General - Import Settings - Import Using Mp3 Encoder and then right click the song and convert to mp3. This is all assuming you have the latest itunes.

There are 6 categories:

Drums Section
Bass Section
Guitar Section
Keyboard Section

AND YES!

VOCALS!

There is also OTHER INSTRUMENTS, like violin, flutes, sax, ruler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GclK1aUxZWA) and hell, even bottles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZHsL-qiQYE&feature=related).

Winners will be voted for, and named Musician of The Month (Guitarist, Bassist, Vocalist, etc etc of the month) and is once again will be featured on UG Amplified.

Please post the title of the song and band you are choosing and the category you are joining. Your registration will be invalidated if your registration is incomplete.

Post if you are interested. You can also join multiple categories but only 1 entry per instrument per tier.

RULES:
1. Please do not pick a song you already know.
2. Feel free to register as long as you will pass an entry by the 15th.
3. The winners get featured in our webzine UG Amplified.
4. Refer to Goal Post.
5. Refer to Rule No.1!!!

Happy Playing. Anyone may enter. Except Kenan (laid-to-waste). We play music here, not dance.

That was a joke.

DRUMS

niejel = Through Her Eyes - Dream Theater
dillonrips7 = Darkthrone - Paragon Belial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASS

Easy

Das_Skittles = A Favor Atlantic House - Coheed and Cambria

Intermediate

Random3 = Berserker - After The Burial

Advanced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUITARS

Easy

BeefWellington = Truth - Seether
SquierLolz = Truth - Seether
ApatheticMe = Satin In a Coffin - Modest Mouse
YoShockray = LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
godisasniper = All Signs Point to Lauderdale - A Day To Remember
oneblackened = Death - The Philosopher
Snowman388 = Doomsday - Atreyu
thenextkirk92 = Into The Water - Dethklok
Das_Skittles = A Favor Atlantic House - Coheed and Cambria
Guppy_Odyssey = Closer - Ne-yo

Intermediate

Random3 = Clouds Over California - Devildriver
mnf50 = Elephants - Them Crooked Vultures
Cavalcade = The Tribe of Eternity - Catamenia
Shinami = The Trooper - Iron Maiden
dillonrips7 = Darkthrone - Paragon Belial
Snowman388 = Mortal Share - Insomnium
r0derik1990 = Imperium - Machine Head

Advanced

Random3 = Berserker - After The Burial
laid-to-waste = Totla Mad - Periphery
Das_Skittles = Act One, Scene One - Fall of Troy
505088K = Asturias - Isaac Albeniz
Eppicurt = King of the Monsters - Racer X
YoShockray = Norwegian Wood - The Beatles
Vendette_V = Interworld and The New Innocence - Buckethead / Praxis

KEYBOARDS

thundertwat = The Great Gig In The Sky
theogonia777 = Downfall - Children of Bodom

VOCALS

rockfan7 = Creep - Radiohead

Other Instruments

Vuvuzuela:
mrtinkle213 = Selkies: The Endless Obsession ( We're waiting )

PS: May I ask the mods to sticky this thread for more publication. Thanks.
Last edited by niejel at Nov 18, 2011,
I'm in. I'll try to actually submit this time.

Truth by Seether, Guitar, Easy.

I know it's not exactly a challenging one but I'm kinda busy these days so don't often have time to be learning loads of difficult stuff. Plus I'm crap.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by Cavalcade
Is it okay if we add stuff like improvised solos (where there aren't any)? Or is this note-for-note only?

I tend to do this all the time, if it isn't allowed then I have been breaking the rules for the past year and a half

Due to retuning my guitar from C to D, and my other guitar still being fixed (useless bastards) I have changed from my initial choices.

Please put me down for Berserker by After the Burial in advanced guitar, and Clouds Over California by Devildriver in intermediate.

I will definately do Berseker, but my intermediate choice may change depending on when I get my other guitar back.

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh also I'll do Berserker on bass, which I guess is intermediate is no where near as technical as the guitar.
Last edited by Random3 at Nov 4, 2011,
totla mad - periphery

guitar, advanced

...dunno how i'm gonna handle this shit...
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Nov 5, 2011,
If someone can tell me how to record sound to a video then I'll enter Elephants - Them Crooked Vultures. If not then you'll have to settle with just the sound...

EDIT: Not sure what category it should be so I'm gonna go with intermediate
Truth by Seether, Guitar, Easy.

Head to head with james, bitch
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Whacko Jacko Steals the Elephant Man's Bones

Change that to "Act One, Scene One," still by The Fall of Troy, and still advanced guitar.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Last edited by Das_Skittles at Nov 5, 2011,
Is it alright if I made my own arrangement for a song instead of learning it? Because I've been wanting to make my own arrangement for the Lazy Afternoon song from Kingdom Hearts and trying to put all the essence of it on one guitar because the guitar itself is just too simple.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I already know 40% of the song I've been wanting to to. :/
But it's a very difficult and long-ish classical guitar song though that nobody could really pull of after 2 weeks. (Asturias by Isaac Albeniz)

I can't pick that one, can I?
Since I have access to an upright bass and a bassoon this weekend, I might do something. I'll find something soon to do.

Brooklyn by Youngblood Brass Band possibly. Instrumentation pending. I have too many choices
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil
Last edited by THEdevilYOUknow at Nov 5, 2011,
Sure i dont see why not...Does our submission have to be in video? or can it be just an mp3?

Song: Satin In a Coffin
Artist: Modest Mouse
Category: Guitar, easy
I haz gotten gud
Can I do The Trooper, by Iron Maiden? I remember I entered with it some time ago and learnt one lick from the solo, before breaking my finger the next day, so I never really finished it. I also got some decent recording equipment, good chance to try it out on the harmony

If so, I think it's intermediate.
I'll do it.

King of the Monsters by Racer X

Would you call that advanced? Or intermediate?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Well I'll just sign up then

Song: Asturias
Artist: Isaac Albeniz
Category: Guitar, Advanced

Game on
I spent all yesterday and all day today learning the first solo of The Trooper and I'm pretty much done with that, and the second solo looks pretty damn easy. I might actually be able to record this today, because the riffs aren't particularly hard either. The whole song has a pretty fast tempo, but the licks and riffs are very straight forward.
Put me down for The Great Gig In The Sky on keyboard/piano plz. Easy I think. Also, I may stick in a guitar part in place of the vocals but I'm not sure yet if I'll have time, I'm submitting my university applications this month.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Last edited by thundertwat at Nov 5, 2011,
I´m in.
I will learn Norwegian Wood-The Beatles-IDK probably Advanced.
On guitar OFC.
OH!
I forgot on LMFAO-Party Rock Anthem-Easy-Guitar
&
Simon & Garfunkel-Sound Of Silence-IDK-Guitar
&
It will be everything on one video and maybe I´ll add some more songs.
!!!CUZ IMMA IN DA MOOD!!!

EDIT:
And that Greenwich link doesn´t work.
How often have we chased the dream of progress, only to see that dream perverted?
More often than not, haven't the machines we built to improve life shattered the lives of millions?
And now we want to turn that dream on ourselves, to fundamentally improve who we are.
Experience has shown me how dangerous that can be.
Last edited by YoShockray at Nov 5, 2011,
Quote by 505088K
Well I'll just sign up then

Song: Asturias
Artist: Isaac Albeniz
Category: Guitar, Advanced

Game on

Good luck with that bro
ggg1 ggg3

I got bored and did my cover a LOT faster than I was expecting to.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BeefWellington/music/all/play1057920

Truth - Seether, Guitar, Easy.

EDIT:

Ignore my profile. As most of you are probably aware, the MP3s on Ug appear to be buggered. I have a Soundcloud now. Woo!

http://soundcloud.com/beefwellington-1/truth-seether-cover

None of which will work.

Good.

Last edited by BeefWellington at Nov 5, 2011,
Quote by BeefWellington
Bring it, bitch.

Come at me bro.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Count me in for "All Signs Point to Lauderdale" by A Day To Remember, easy. Well, not for me, but for the purposes of this.

Don't hate, I don't even really like the song (ok, maybe a little...) mostly it's just a song that has a lot of the stuff I need to work on - fast palm muting, sudden transitions from lead to rhythm work, etc. Should be fun! I won't win but that's not the point, I look forward to seeing your submissions
Would For Whom The Bell Tolls be considered easy? If not, can someone give a suggestion for an easy song to enter? I'm almost done with The Trooper.
Quote by niejel
appparently, Kenan did not read the OP. :lol:

lol, just read it. don't worry, i'll make sure i dance around 7x the amount i usually do for totla mad
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by Shinami
Would For Whom The Bell Tolls be considered easy? If not, can someone give a suggestion for an easy song to enter? I'm almost done with The Trooper.

For Whom The Bell Tolls is definitely easy. I should know, I submitted it for this once.

I might enter in Intermediate as well, seeing as my cover's done already. I have no idea what to do though.

None of which will work.

Good.

sign me up for: Children of Bodom - Downfall - Keyboard

i'm gonna be busy, so i can't make any guarantees i'll have it done though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Death - The Philosopher - easy.
Guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 6, 2011,
Can someone give some intermediate song cuz I wanna cover all guitar levels.
How often have we chased the dream of progress, only to see that dream perverted?
More often than not, haven't the machines we built to improve life shattered the lives of millions?
And now we want to turn that dream on ourselves, to fundamentally improve who we are.
Experience has shown me how dangerous that can be.
I've pretty much learned Berserker, my hard entry. Still need to get the sweeps down and a few rhythmic elements but I'm basically there.

I'll record some time next week, a bit excited right now as I am gigging with not one, but two bands on the 26th. First gig in over a year
Quote by Cavalcade
So... I take it we don't have to shoot a video?

No, you don't. Just a cover. It's the audio we're interested in.

None of which will work.

Good.

Page 1 of 3