We had a cyber security brief yesterday and they showed us this video and I found it interesting and scary. I'd never heard anything about it before so I thought I'd share it.

Looks like the future could be ****ed just by our reliance on computers for everything. Or maybe just another scare video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g0pi4J8auQ
Looked at title, assume scare video.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Well that was an interesting video, but I smell BS
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Just thought it was interesting you ungrateful ****s. Maybe it's just me who finds it interesting.
Watched the video

Then realised I hadn't taken in any of the information, and had just watched the moving shapes and words

I need to sleep
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 4, 2011,
Quote by Greenie_777
Just thought it was interesting you ungrateful ****s. Maybe it's just me who finds it interesting.

Anyone in a security field is sick of hearing about it... Yeah, it's cool, but like anything it gets old after hearing a million times how bad and dangerous it could be.
There was already a thread on this. Like months ago.

*searches*

Let me rephrase that: There are 3 threads with "stuxnet" IN THE TITLE, the newest of which was posted in last month.

Search for "stuxnet"
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Nov 4, 2011,
In what way? Stuxnet was designed with one thing in mind and had a hell of a lot of secret information put into it.
Quote by Greenie_777

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Greenie_777

Last edited by blake1221 at Nov 4, 2011,
I think I may have a tinfoil hat lying around, let me fetch that for you, TS
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Greenie_777

Calm down..... you big meanie.
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat
I have never given a golf stack

Congratulations sir.
Well i'd never heard of it before, was pretty interesting!

I read about stuff like this in one of my AS computing textbooks
Yeah I saw this quite a while ago. It is quite a worrying prospect, were it to become more widespread.
If it just sat in the hands of our Government we'd probably be fine (tin hats off now, kids), but if some random basement dwellers on that website made it freely available on the open source, then we could be in trouble.
Just goes to show how fascinating the evolution of warfare is. I wouldn't mind more world conflicts being fought with computers rather than bombs.

...Although as soon as I typed that sentence, the full implications of what cyberwarfare could do occurred to me. Hmm... I'll just say it's extremely interesting and leave it at that.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Just started to learn about this through my Info Systems professor.

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/26/140789306/security-expert-u-s-leading-force-behind-stuxnet

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/world/middleeast/16stuxnet.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Holy mother of ****. And to think this is just open source shit from almost a whole year ago. Who knows what intel is capable of doing at any given moment in time.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57389511-83/ex-cia-chief-stuxnet-a-good-idea/

lol y is this world so ****ed
Last edited by Fat Lard at Mar 23, 2012,