Hi guys! First of I want to congratulate you for this awesome forum! I´m from Costa Rica, so my english is not thet good, but I hope it is good enough for you to understand me =).
I´m a drummer, so I´m a little ignorant when it comes to guitar amplification.
I have a home studio and I have a project whith a friend of mine, we love composing and recording our music (he plays guitar and bass).
A coupleof years ago, I found a treasure on a local store here in Costa Rica, a brand new sealed in box Peavey VTM 60 amp, it whas at the back of the store, with a lot of gr8 stuff they didnt sold in the past years, so I bought it at an amaing price ($300). Then I purchased a Randall cab 4X12 equiped with celestion speakers.
I got tired of the size and weight of these two, so I sold the Randall cab and purchased an Orange cab PPC112C 1X12 celestion vintage 30. I also purchased an Orange Tiny Terror amp.
The thing is that we only use them for home recording, we do not play at gigs or that kind of stuff. Now I have these two amps, the VTM 60 and the Tiny Terror and I need to get rid of one, I don´t need both.
So my questions are: Which one is better for what I need (home recording)? Which one should I sell? Do u think selling that Randall cab and getting the Orange cab was an stupid decision?
I would love to read all your comments and opinions about it! Thanks

Best regards,

Arnoldo

BTW, if u need any help or have any questions about drums recording, just ask me and I´ll be happy to help! =)
Hey Arnaldo. You got that VTM for a steal! Good job man!

anyway, answer this, what sort of music is being played through these amps? This will help us help you.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Really depends on what kind of music you're playing.

IMO, the VTM is the better amp, but that's also for my own needs. As a studio amp, the Tiny Terror could be better for you, as you should be able to crank it more, but at the same time, the VTM could be better for the opposite reason, depending on what kind of music you're playing.

Ultimately, it's up to you. You should be able to choose which you like better and stand by your decision to get rid of the other.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Really depends on what kind of music you're playing.

IMO, the VTM is the better amp, but that's also for my own needs. As a studio amp, the Tiny Terror could be better for you, as you should be able to crank it more, but at the same time, the VTM could be better for the opposite reason, depending on what kind of music you're playing.

Ultimately, it's up to you. You should be able to choose which you like better and stand by your decision to get rid of the other.

That's what I was getting at. Just got lazy.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well, if you're not moving the Peavey VTM very much I'd say it's a better amp, since a light weight is one of the main selling factors behind the Tiny Terror.

They're both single channel amps, but the VTM should be able to get cleaner than the Tiny Terror as well, since it's a higher wattage and runs on 6L6 power tubes rather than EL84s.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
VTM all the way. I'm running a volume pedal in the FX loop of my amp and it gets really quiet without sounding like shit. Not really a good way to drive your powertubes, but very useful for knocking off some db's without using an attenuator. Got it off ebay for $20. I'd hang onto that VTM. While I like the TT's alright, they're a dime a dozen.

Buying the Orange cab was a good idea for the TT, but I'd be afraid of the VTM pushing the balls out of it. I'd opt for higher wattage 212 of some kind.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.