so i have this epi les paul special 2 i got like 5 years ago...i want to turn it into a slide guitar but the pickups seem to not want to work correct. They are really low volumed, and when i switch pickups i practically have to punch the guitar to get the different pickup to work. What is wrong??
Who's your daddy... well not me cuz ur momas ugly

These things are sex transport vehichles woot

This man just got a station wagon.
Sounds like bad wiring or a bad pickup selector switch. Might want to have a tech take a look at it.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Either your pickup switch is busted or you probably have some bad wiring. Open it up and see if all the soldering is good. Check to make sure none of the wires are loose, after you do that come tell us what you found or didnt find.
I agree with the others. It sounds like your pickup selector switch is dirty or broken.

Start by spraying some electrical contact cleaner into the switch (be sure to protect the guitar), and cycle the switch back and forth.

If after several tries you get no improvement, pull out a soldering iron and replace it.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
i took it apart and cleaned the switch but i also basicly took the guitar apart so i got no strings...so i cant test it for awhile...thanks for the help though
Who's your daddy... well not me cuz ur momas ugly

These things are sex transport vehichles woot

This man just got a station wagon.
That's a pretty common problem with guitars in general, and Epi specifically. It could probably use re-soldered, or even new wires. Nothing major.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
you can tap the pickups with a screwdriver while it's plugged in, see if you hear the tap noise
before you string up.

i would have left the guitar together and just tried to spray can compressed air into the switch first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011