Im still confused about how my arm should be positioned on the guitar. Like should the guitar be pretty much in my arm pit or below? Is it just the forearm resting on the guitar? etc. I keep trying to watch videos on pros but still have problem. Any input will be appreciated!!
Hold it where ever it seems right for you, and where you can strum without being hampered.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
People have different length arms and different shape guitars.
If you are uncomfy sitting down, try switching knees or putting on a strap for support.
Otherwise stand up and adjust the strap to the right height.
I find to get up to the higher notes I have to swivel my guitar a little on the strap.

Just paly it comes naturally really.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
It doesnt come naturally to everyone! believe me!

ive seen some kids trying to look cool and getting all the worst possible angles on both wrists.

You should adjust it so that your wrist dont have to bend in order to pick or fret :P
I usually keep my hand positioned so that the side of my palm floats just above the bridge and the start of the strings, so Its easier to palm mute. And you mean your picking hand, right?
Quote by Slashiepie
It doesnt come naturally to everyone! believe me!

ive seen some kids trying to look cool and getting all the worst possible angles on both wrists.

You should adjust it so that your wrist dont have to bend in order to pick or fret :P

does everyone agree with this? no bend in the wrist at all? i think mine is perhaps slightly bent... my problem is hitting the A string on my picking hand. I have no clue why it gives me so much trouble when I've been playing for a couple years now