So im looking for headphones for home studio and just listening to music. What are some good sounding and long lasting ones (also a plus if they arre easy porabale) for about 100$? Anybody tried some they ill recomend?
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Nov 4, 2011,
Not Skullcandys.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Audio-Technica, the budget series.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Sony MDR-V6 are practically an industry standard for reference headphones. ~$70 from Amazon.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Usernames sucks
What are the best product here? They seems pretty cheeap on ebay :/

eBay are known for counterfeit headphones. AVOID.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
eBay are known for counterfeit headphones. AVOID.

This. I bought some good "sony" headphones from some guy in hong kong, and when I got them I realized they were probably worth 2 dollars, and they only had the sony logo poorly glued to the sides.
Quote by Lost Dog
This. I bought some good "sony" headphones from some guy in hong kong, and when I got them I realized they were probably worth 2 dollars, and they only had the sony logo poorly glued to the sides.

Sorry for the con people of my country. Doesn't give us a good reputation but Hong Kong is generally quite safe for electronics.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Well maybe its just me, but ive only been hearing good things about the Creative Aurvana Live headphones. But the Sennheiser HD series are damn good as well. just read some reviews and see which take your fancy
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA
Hi, my name is Forrest and i play the Gee-tar

Current Equipment
Vintage V300 acoustic
Squier Bullet Strat
Fender FM 212R Amp
Vintage Les Paul

Next Guitar/Amp
none....... YET
I ALSO PRODUCE CRAPPY MUSIC
Twitter?
Quote by Harmonius
Sorry for the con people of my country. Doesn't give us a good reputation but Hong Kong is generally quite safe for electronics.

Haha you don't need to apologize. There's con men in every country, and I've got a bunch of things from hong kong before (mostly computer audio cables). Really, it's my fault for thinking good sony headphones would be so cheap

High end sony headphones are great though. Finally got some good ones, and only paid like 50 bucks for them.
The audio Technica ATH serie is great, i own a pair of ath-m40 and theyre the best headphone i've ever used. ( Closest to flat ive found in that price range)
Quote by ShevanelFlip
The audio Technica ATH serie is great, i own a pair of ath-m40 and theyre the best headphone i've ever used. ( Closest to flat ive found in that price range)

Same with me.

Speaking of skull candies, my friend thinks it was a stupid decision to not get skull candies and garage band. Don't get either of those.
I tried some Skullcandy's and the bass was amazing. Do the Sennheiser's have equal or better bass?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by TheChaz
I have Audio Technica ATH-M50s. I got them on ebay for 80. They're 160 new.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATHM50/reviews
Superb headphones for a home studio. Haven't ever tried the Sennheiser HD series headphones, but I've heard good things.

I'm a bit of a research nerd and in my experience, these suckers get the best reviews in the price range.
I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 428 headphones about a month ago. For the $100 price tag, I couldn't be any happier with them. They required a 'burn in' period of about a week for the bass to really come through, but overall I really don't think you can find a better pair of headphones for the price.
Quote by Gyroscope
I tried some Skullcandy's and the bass was amazing. Do the Sennheiser's have equal or better bass?

If you're in the studio you want a flat response that corresponds to the signal well. But yes, the bass comes through cleanly.
Quote by Gyroscope

Quote by Gyroscope
I tried some Skullcandy's and the bass was amazing.

Quote by Gyroscope
some Skullcandy's was amazing.

Quote by Gyroscope
Skullcandy's amazing

OT: Sennheiser HD series.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope

You shut your whore mouth.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Sennheiser has some HD's (can't remember the name at the moment, but I have them) which are absolutely fantastic. Unlike Skullcandy and many other popular brands, they do not alter the natural EQ of the sond signal so you actually hear the pure signal.

Anything that alters the signal and gives it its own EQ is not good for studio monitoring.
My God, it's full of stars!
I got some Audio Technica ATH-M20s for 60 bucks, and they're pretty good. They're usually like $80 I think, but I got a discount for buying so much stuff.
I've got a pair of Audio Technica ATH-Pro700MKII coming this week - can't wait. These are the M50 upgrades!

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I just checked my Sennheiser's, they're HD 280's. and awesome
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by OhNoItsHimAgain
Well maybe its just me, but ive only been hearing good things about the Creative Aurvana Live headphones. But the Sennheiser HD series are damn good as well. just read some reviews and see which take your fancy
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

I have been using it since past one year and its perfect. The music sounds great with crispiness. I like the balance and the feel of the output of the sound.