I want to learn some songs to sing, however, I'm in an accomodation with 5 other people.
We have our seperate rooms but, I don't really like the idea that they can hear me practicing.

Should I just use a rehearsal room or find a way of singing quiter? Or, should I just go for it and not give a crap if they hear me?

Anybody else have this problem before?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I was kind of worried about that in my first year (last year) and tried to sing really quietly but it didn't really work.
This year I just started out not giving a **** and I've only had one (positive!) comment. So just sing. Everyone sings along to music anyway, and if you're a musician you can just say "I was practicing!" if anyone kind of embarrasses you or anything. Practice is the only sure fire way to get good at anything after all
Thanks. I don't actually think the people nearest to me will mind (when they saw my guitar they wondered why I don't play with my amp maxed out :p.
It's probably more of a confidence thing. Singing is one of those things where, if it's bad, it's hard to excuse it as 'technical difficulties', and in the end, it reflects mostly on the singer.

I just gotta believe in myself!
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Can you book into one of the practice rooms that the music department uses? They're usually big enough for a piano, a bench, and a pair of tweezers, but they'll do the trick.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Ye, you can just walk in most of the time. I think I'll try it out some time.

Btw, what would the tweezers be for?
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Crazyedd123
Ye, you can just walk in most of the time. I think I'll try it out some time.

Btw, what would the tweezers be for?

I think it was just a joke on how little space there is left in the room after the piano is in
My old band teacher said he used to sit in a practice room and play his trumpet for a few hours a day in college. I don't see why you couldn't do the same singing.
^ exactly!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.