hi guys! I found one guy that would take my guitar amps as part of payment to trade for a/some bass/es.

This are the things i could get my hands on, being the fender the only one i should give him extra money to get it. Links:
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-127674760-bajo-washbunr-xb400-korea-activo-el-mejor-en-este-estilo-_JM
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-127515206-oportunidad-bajo-yamaha-rbx-650-de-los-90s-entra-y-miralo-_JM
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-127801128-bajo-fernandes-jazz-bass-de-los-90s-oportunidad-no-fender-_JM
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-132324621-fender-jazz-bass-japan-silver-series-92-_JM

The least I am interested in would be the fernandes, since i already got a Jazz bass of the "same queality"...

The thing is, are any of this basses worth it? is the fender the only one that would give me a better instrument, or having an active bass (washburn) would also be good
to learn to play bass (since i am a beginner)

Also, a little question: will I be able to play my guitar through a bass amp? or it is like the bass through guitar amp that is not compatible and would destroy the speaker/s?

BTW if I don't like any of this basses, i'll be able to sell it at (almost) the same price, since they're used and won't loose value while i'm using them.

Any help is appreciated, i hope i was clear enough. and please, give me some feedback on the washburn and the yamaha!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
The choice of bass is totaly up to you.

And yes you can play a guitar through a bass amp, and it will work fine. But if you want any overdrive/distortion you will need pedals to acheve this.

Yamaha tends to make pretty nice guitars/basses for the money. I have never used a washburn bass, so I really have no advice on that.

EDIT: The Japan Fender would be my choice of basses there. They are regarded as very good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Nov 5, 2011,
If you already have a nice Jazz Bass, and a good bass amp, stop while you're ahead. I assume you play or played guitar, keep it around. Obviously the same goes that you can trade or sell it for a good price, and now you can jam with people, all you need is some percussion. Or play it yourself and record then just find a cheap drum machine online or in stores.
Quote by askrere
If you already have a nice Jazz Bass, and a good bass amp, stop while you're ahead. I assume you play or played guitar, keep it around. Obviously the same goes that you can trade or sell it for a good price, and now you can jam with people, all you need is some percussion. Or play it yourself and record then just find a cheap drum machine online or in stores.

I already have a drum machine in the pedal i own. it's the cheapest, but it has a metronome for practice and 35 drum models... yeah, i wanted to keep one of the amps, but they're using some room in my bedroom and i kinda want to get rid of them. i haven't used tha little one in two years, and since i got the bass, i'm almost absolutely not interested in my guitar anymore. anyway, note that I won't be selling the GUITAR, just the amps... and i can use it through the bass amp, so it's pretty much useless to have a guitar amp around.

how much difference is between this bass (mb-4)
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-130649373-bajo-fender-mb4-dimarzio-_JM

and the japanese fender? because there's quite a difference in their prices... and if i want the japanese one, i'll have to spend a lot... anyway, i know i don't sem very decided on any bass (cause I'm not) but since i got the chance on getting something bass related and get rid of my guitar amps in the same operation, i just want to take the best out of it.

thanks for the help so far!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
well, sell the amps if you want, but why buy another bass, more over another jazz bass. If I remember correctly, you started your bass conversion telling us that your saving were rapidly dropping due to the diminishing value of your dollar. I'd sell your excess if you must, and maybe hold onto the money until you find a P bass or something just different. Or save it?
Quote by askrere
well, sell the amps if you want, but why buy another bass, more over another jazz bass. If I remember correctly, you started your bass conversion telling us that your saving were rapidly dropping due to the diminishing value of your dollar. I'd sell your excess if you must, and maybe hold onto the money until you find a P bass or something just different. Or save it?

well, i've found some other different basses. i think that instead of going up the quality, i'll get another bass so i can play and learn with different types of basses. then, i could resell if i completely dislike anyone of them, and that won't make me lose any money... so i can get rid of my guitar amps, get some other basses to learn what type of bass would give me what type of sound, etc. and resell the basses i found are not for me, and THEN go for a more quality bass, but of the style i like the most.

i might get and active washburn 5 string and/or a squier P bass special (with p and j pichups) for little money, and getting rid of my guitar amps.

Anyway, I'll take my time to decide wisely, as you recomended askrere... You've been much helpful, thanks!

BTW does your user name has any sence? :P just curious.
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
umm it was from when I first got AIM in middle school, and I didn't want a name with numbers, and this girl named ReRe had just started coming to my spanish class. Everyday the teacher would ask for someone to volunteer to speak, and everyday ReRe would ask to volunteer, and just say "yo quiero taco bell". She was dumtarded and I just made askrere.
Quote by askrere
umm it was from when I first got AIM in middle school, and I didn't want a name with numbers, and this girl named ReRe had just started coming to my spanish class. Everyday the teacher would ask for someone to volunteer to speak, and everyday ReRe would ask to volunteer, and just say "yo quiero taco bell". She was dumtarded and I just made askrere.

entonces sabés hablar en español? o no aprendiste nada en las clases? el español es mi lengua materna
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
I reccomend you get the washburn,because its sexy.about playing guitar through a bass amp,in my experience playing on a small amp(like a 30 watt) works decent,but whenever I plug a guitar into my 100 watt all the high notes cut out,so I don't think it works.
hope that helps.
Give a man a fish and he'll be hungry tomorrow,but put his ass in fishnets and someone will buy him dinner-Gene Simmons
Quote by Sudaka
entonces sabés hablar en español? o no aprendiste nada en las clases? el español es mi lengua materna

I have taken classes since middle school off and on. I can speak Spanish very unfluently, I'm slow, and it's hard for me to listen and understand it. But reading it I can understand it perfectly if it's simple or at least gather the gist of it.

Edit: I'm in my 2nd year of university now.
Last edited by askrere at Nov 7, 2011,
Quote by the wako kid
I reccomend you get the washburn,because its sexy.about playing guitar through a bass amp,in my experience playing on a small amp(like a 30 watt) works decent,but whenever I plug a guitar into my 100 watt all the high notes cut out,so I don't think it works.
hope that helps.

it helps. and i know that the bass amp won't be good enough for the higher guitar notes, i just wanted to know if it was possible because i might want to play guitar from time to time...

i might be able to get the washburn... the good thing is that it has 5 strings, it's active, has 2 soapbar pickups, and it's and alder body... pretty different to my bass, and that's what i want, a variation.

i'll tell you how this ended.
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2