Ok i was at the guitar shop and I picked up a guitar body. it was in the junk parts bin. It had 2 emgs, floyd and a sweet body. No dents and scratches at all on it. it was missing the neck and that was about it. i bought it no 2nd thoughts for 125.00. later I went to the counter and bought it. i was talking to them and later that they someone bought a neck for the guitar. but they forgot they sold it. so they gave me the neck for 20 bucks. the neck while in great shape was covered in clear coat! some loser basically was trying to replicate kirks guitar and put retarded decals all over the neck.

so i have this nice neck ( hard as hell to find ) a replacement for the guitar. I looked and now when im so close the neck is covered with junk. Well i took the body in to check the neck out. they sanded down the sides to fit it in and forced it into the guitar ****ing breaking the body! 2 cracks at the lower side where the neck fits in. So now im pissed, all this guitar needed was a neck and it wouldve have been fully playable. but now I have this Neck they i have to figure out how to clean and a body with cracks in it.
so make them replace it? if they broke it they need to fix it.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Im moving in like 2 days. 800 miles away. im thinking about steel wooling the neck clean.
im taking the body down to get fixed, Wood glue would most likly fix it. it is not in a spot that has any tension on it other then the neck. So i have to have the neck fixed to fit the slot after i fix it. but do you guys have any suggestions? For light scratch removal on the rosewood fretboard?
Steel wool to remove clear coat over decals?!?! Hell no, you need something waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more abrasive. think 220 grit sandpaper. But if it's entirely covered in stickers and then clear coated, then hopefuly once you start getting through to stickers you can peel them (and the clear coat) off.
thats the thing I can peel them off. came right off with my thumb nail!
im just a little nervous about using sand paper on the fretboard. I don't know how to go at the actual fretboard with sandpaper. the pearl fret markers are under the decal stickers as well.

Also if i have to end up wood gluing the body part it is not open enough to get the glue in but it also is not in a closed location to just leave it. overall im just pissed. I already know im going to heatgun the paint off so i can just redo the paint job so the headstock and body matches. maybe do a little eye of ra at the end of the body in white with a pure black body
They put decals on the frets, like decal decals, not like stickers u just peel. then clear coated the entire thing. like they dipped the entire neck in it. So the frets ,neck,headstock and everything is covered in clear coat. I can actually use my fingernail and peal away on it on the fretboard.
is the fretboard rosewood? just peel them off the fretboard if so, rosewood doesn't need a clearcoat

seriously though what kind of ****ing toddler puts stickers on a guitar?

Quote by Gioloverso
Im moving in like 2 days. 800 miles away. im thinking about steel wooling the neck clean.
im taking the body down to get fixed, Wood glue would most likly fix it. it is not in a spot that has any tension on it other then the neck. So i have to have the neck fixed to fit the slot after i fix it. but do you guys have any suggestions? For light scratch removal on the rosewood fretboard?

have them ship it. if it's their fault it should be their problem.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Last edited by CJ Noble at Nov 5, 2011,
He was trying to replicate the kirk model with the Mummy movie poster on the body and the neck had Eye of Ras on the fretboard. he bought some do it yourself kit most likely and ruined a good neck. too lazy he puts it up for sale. Still nervous about getting the stuff off because i know im bound to leave some light scratches. Whats normally used to get rid of the light stuff?
Wet sanding and buffing will get rid of light scratches. Google it. Also, sounds kind of like a cluster **** project. Don't worry, it can be worked out! I had one of those once and it ended up being a great sounding and playing guitar! Haha go figure (the pickup cavities were filled with badly mixed epoxy, mighty putty, and bondo)
How would i go at wet sanding it? Would i have to apply a new finish to it to use that method?
Go to Youtube and search Sully's Guitar Garage channel. he has very good detailed instructions on repairs and finishing.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
thanks. I wood glued the body and sanded down the neck to make it fit better.
I was thinking about painting the headstock but i like the actual wood. What should I use when coating the head? Should I just clear coat it like normal or is there something better for wood to get that shiny finish like most heads have?
You must be very careful on the type of glue you use, regular wood/carpenters glue WILL NOT HOLD CORRECTLY. you need something like Tite-Bond for it to hold.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Be careful of glue smear also which fills the pores of un finished timber and only shows when you start to stain or lacquer . Glue it first then sand off the finish.