Ok,
I have a 91' "red" dunlop fuzz face reissue, when in my pedal chain it would sound muffled with some volume drops as you make contact with the strings. It was alot better when no pedals were in front.

So I went and got an MXR M173, I know it is pretty much a fuzz face circuit, I am experiencing pretty much the same problem. Even with the pedal directly into the amp It has this squashed sound with volume loss, kind of sounds like a dead battery. I tried using a battery and power supply.

However the included buffer does get rid of most of the problem....
I have a little 1/4 watt killer ant,
Is it possible that my amp just does not like fuzz faces?
Quote by denied
Now, exactly what amp are you using?

Most digital modelling amps aren't great with dirt pedals.

Quote by greeny23
inb4 Fender Solid State (perhaps a princeton?)

Quote by drjoeshmoe
I have a little 1/4 watt killer ant,
Is it possible that my amp just does not like fuzz faces?

*facepalm*

Could be anything, as far as I can tell. If the buffer helps, maybe new cables?
i've never had good experiences with pedals into small amps. my valve junior didn't want to take any drive/fuzz pedals well. i've heard others have had different experiences though.
I run pedals into my 2 watt L'il Night Train, but having said that I don't know about 1/4 watt

If I had to take a stab...the 1/4 would have to be cranked a bit to hear, therefore an increase in gain stacked ontop of a fuzz would sound like ass hat. But it could be anything, that's just an educated guess.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"