i'm trying to think of a style of game that i used to play in arcades.

they are like galaga, where your like a jet plane, and its an overhead view. at the end of every level there are enormous boss ships that you fight. they have ungodly powerful weapons too.
I know what you're talkin about, a bar back home had it >.< ****in awesome game too
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
you could also drop a bomb once you picked it up. it would clear the screen of enemies.
You've just described almost every space/airplane shooter ever.

While we're on the subject, can anyone help me identify this RPG? You're a young boy from a small town who sets off on a quest to defeat a great evil in the land. You gather comrades along the way and learn about trust and friendship.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan

While we're on the subject, can anyone help me identify this RPG? You're a young boy from a small town who sets off on a quest to defeat a great evil in the land. You gather comrades along the way and learn about trust and friendship.

Leisure Suite Larry
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Quote by StewieSwan

I believe that is the Justin Bieber RPG due out next spring.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.

What type of dog is this?
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by StewieSwan

That sounds vaguely familiar but I can't quite place it. Could anyone help me find this shooter? It starts out in a non threatening place where you learn the fundamentals of the game, and then you move on to an area of easy to kill enemies who come at you in small numbers. The further through the game you get, the more diverse and harder the situations get, and then at the end you have to kill a really strong enemy.
Raiden

http://www.raiden-x.net/

Fun Fact: Raiden is the Japanese god of thunder.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Nov 5, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan

i asked for the genre. so airplane shooter?
That's not a single game, that's an entire genre.

EDIT: Oh damn. You totally did ask for the genre. My bad.

Just top-down scrolling shooters. "Bullet hell" is sometimes used to describe them, too. They don't always feature airplanes, though. Raiden, posted above, is a good example. Might also look at Raptor: Call of the Shadows.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Nov 5, 2011,
Quote by 00_hns_00
i asked for the genre. so airplane shooter?

Typicially they're called space shooters. I don't think the airplane overhead view kind of game was ever widespread enough to warrant it's own genre, though.
PM me for newts
Bullethell (or Bullet Hell, I dunno the proper spelling) is the genre methinks.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Galaxian, the predecessor of Galaga.

Zaxxon, from Coleco Vision.

Defender, from Atari.

etc, etc, etc.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Scutchington
Bullethell (or Bullet Hell, I dunno the proper spelling) is the genre methinks.

This, OP.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
And look up Touhou, OP.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Avedas
it's called danmaku geez

Well, I guess this.

But it's easier for these people to remember stuff in English, av.

Quote by CrossBack7