Found two Schecter Hellraisers on ebay I'm weighing up. One's a C1 Hellraiser Deluxe with Crimson Burst colouring for $549 with free postage, while the other's a C1 Hellraiser in Black Cherry for $799 with free postage, both from the same seller.

I'm keen on the $799 one, but if the $549 one's not bogus, surely that's a better investment? They're offering the chance for people to try the $549 one before buying in their real store on the ebay page, but it doesn't say that on the $799 one. Are they worth the gamble, what do you guys think?
Last edited by staceap at Nov 5, 2011,
I think you should go used, locally if possible to save cash. anything over $500 is too much for a Schecter, imo.
Quote by W4RP1G
I think you should go used, locally if possible to save cash. anything over $500 is too much for a Schecter, imo.

Not really, for the right people they are great guitars.

I suggest you play it and see how you like it.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
i preffer to not buying guitars online, as to finding something on clist.

however, there are some ebay dealers i trust, so it all depends.
I wouldn't buy them as a new without trying them out first.
My problem is I live on the opposite side of the country to the seller, so I can't try them out. The nearest decent music ship to me is 2 1/2 hours away :S the seller has a 100% rating though, and I bought strings from them before for a 1/4 of the price of the local music shop, and they were good enough sellers for that. Although, I suppose it could be kinda hard to compare the purchase of strings and guitars!
Last edited by staceap at Nov 5, 2011,