hey guys, i just wanna know what is humbuckers, magnetic pickups, and piezo pickups.

can you define them 1 by 1 for me?

and what is the difference to all of them

and where can i find those?
Ex. Humbucker - can be find in an acoustic or electric or whatever idk.
aw come on my brain ached in that link you just posted. Well im a total noob about those things
I read that post that MC has, very informative.

WHY ALL THE BC. RICH HATE?!!!!!!!!

Sure their current bronze/platinum series blows, but I have had serious GAS for a pre-1988 BC for years.
it's not im complaining on what you gave me but could you pls tell me what is the difference among them. Thnx
99.9% of Pickups are magnets..

Humbuckers are two coils of wires in the one pickup, where a single coil is one. found in electric guitars

Piezo's are commonly found on acoustic guitars and work through vibrations of the body as opposed to movements of the strings
Quote by Oldmonkeys
99.9% of Pickups are magnets..

Piezo's are commonly found on acoustic guitars and work through vibrations of the body as opposed to movements of the strings

piezo pickups can be found and installed on almost any guitar. their job is simply to produce an "acoustic like" sound. most electric guitars that have them will have them located either between the neck pickup and the neck or right next to the bridge of the guitar
ok i get, thnx guys. And oh yeah 1 more thing, why is it acoustic can't use humbucker or the single coiled one? Don't worry about installions. Does it make the sound bad? Any explanations?
because it doesn't produce a desirable sound for an acoustic.
It sounds different so some bluzak players sometimes put a single coil in their acoustic.
but it doesnt sound like an acoustic anymore
This guy I know has a JB in his acoustic. Or I think it's a JB.

He looks at you with this crazy look, like he just invented the wheel after taking a hefty dose of LSD, and says "I have a humbucker in one of my acoustics"