hey you guys, need your help for a new guitar with christmas round the corner and all! So here's the deal! Preferably either a les paul shape or a telecaster, I play mainly metal and rock, but would like some nice clean sounds too! The budget could probably be up to about £450 at a push £500!!!
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

You've already got a Les Paul so is there something wrong with your Epi LP?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
used Gibson LP studio, or a used LTD EC-1000, or a PRS SE tremonti.

If you want a Tele for metal, find one you like and you will probably want to change the P/U's in it. Most tele's will play rock just fine stock, you will probably find the need for hotter pickups for metal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the prs se sounds pretty hot!!! I'd rather stick to new so I might try one of them out!
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

Quote by DavmanRFC
the jim root tele is really a stunning guitar! A bit out my price range but I was looking at this... http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=06030813034818

Yeh that should do the job perfectly, well unless your planning on playing death metal or something like that, although ive always wondered why ive never seen anyone playing one of those anywhere, it seems to be great value for money and looks pretty sweet.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
That tele will do metal, the pearly gates is hot enough for it, but it will sound like lamb of god somewhat.
The guitar doesn't always make the sound. Things like fuzzboxes (or distortion pedals, as they're called now) can make even a Strat have that heavy sound. Amps are also a factor. Plus, pedals and amps are (often, not always) cheaper than a new guitar, even when bought together. Try something like a Boss SD-1, DS-1, etc.