I'm trying to find bass tab for Bach's Toccata and fugue d minor for a four string. Can anyone help?
Quote by Zeletros
Take the guitar tab and transcribe...

Do even know the song or any Bach at all?

Anyways if you want to learn classical music I suggest you learn to read musical notation
its really not as hard as it might seem
and you could find the sheet music for that in a simple google search I'm sure
Quote by killerkev321
Do even know the song or any Bach at all?

Anyways if you want to learn classical music I suggest you learn to read musical notation
its really not as hard as it might seem
and you could find the sheet music for that in a simple google search I'm sure

Yes I do.

And I'm also pretty sure he doesn't want to learn to read sheet music.

"Can't find Toccata and Fugue d minor for bass "

Most likely being a bass guitar, thus, take a guitar tab, and transcribe to 4 strings.
Quote by Zeletros
Yes I do.

And I'm also pretty sure he doesn't want to learn to read sheet music.

"Can't find Toccata and Fugue d minor for bass "

Most likely being a bass guitar, thus, take a guitar tab, and transcribe to 4 strings.

What I was trying to say is that the melody of the bass line is different from the guitar
When it was just me and a bassist this is one of the songs we learned, though we both knew how to read and he also had a 6-string, learning it on a 4-string would be kinda difficult
If you really want to play this maybe find a guitarist that can read to show you the parts and also play along with you
You probably would have to down tune
Most likely this is too big of a project unless you or your band really want to play it
Last edited by killerkev321 at Nov 5, 2011,
Actually, I'm a she not a he, as my name might indicate. I don't have time to transcribe, I did that for Moonlight Sonata from the sheet music and it takes more time than I have right now. I just wanted some ready-to-go bass tab (which I prefer): I know it exists somewhere - I've seen this performed and it's pretty cool.