Poll: How good is your handwriting?
Poll Options
View poll results: How good is your handwriting?
My handwriting is f*cking art
33 10%
Very good
37 11%
Ok
103 31%
Bad
92 27%
Chicken scratch/illegible
71 21%
Voters: 336.
Page 1 of 3
I've been struggling with this my whole life. Do you guys have good legible handwriting? My writing's terrible and even I have to squint to read it sometimes.

Poll
ggg1 ggg3

It can be messy, my main problem is I write all joined-up and sometimes get carried away and do too many loops , like if I'm writing an all-joined-up word like 'little', then I have to go back and cross out the extra /l/s

Easier to wipe them out while I'm writing on the board >_>

, see
I say that my writing is very good, because it's clear. I never have to squint and wonder "what the hell happened here?" which in my book, is a clear win. I mean, who cares if it's pretty or not, as long as one can Read it.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
My handwriting resembles the childish scrawl of an 8 year-old.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It can be messy, my main problem is I write all joined-up and sometimes get carried away and do too many loops , like if I'm writing an all-joined-up word like 'little', then I have to go back and cross out the extra /l/s

I do that as well, but your writing's pretty decent judging from that picture. A big problem I have is that I don't lift the pen that far from the paper when writing different letters so the ink dribbles all over. It all ends up looking like a pigsty
ggg1 ggg3

My writing is awful, to my eyes.
It's readable, it just looks really...untidy. I actually write faster and neater when I don't bother looping stuff round and joining up, and just do each letter individually.
I shamefully haven't used a pen more than a few times in the last 18 months since I left college.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I shamefully haven't used a pen more than a few times in the last 18 months since I left college.

haha, yeah I always write better with pencil and I try to avoid pen when I can
ggg1 ggg3

my cursive is decent... my printing sucks
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by EuBoat
*Image*
That

It's usually far worse though.

Like that actually. But my "a"s are written like this: a
Instead of the "a" in the picture.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Mine is quite good when I'm using a fountain pen, but an unholy mess with a biro.

Plus, it's gotten gradually worse through uni, from having to write faster to make plenty of notes!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here

I'd say it's pretty legible. That's only school notes as well, so it's not as neat as I can make it if I'm writing something a little more formal.
my hand writing is really bad. Teachers used to get pissed at me for it. One of my high school teachers told me to "learn how to type" instead of writing, but I've been trying to get it better. It all stems from first learning how to write. For some reason I had started writing letters backwards at an early age and never really stopped.
Because I'm so used to employing a keyboard for my communications with others now, I basically have just about lost the muscle memory for writing by hand. And that is even after the fact that I haven't written anything in cursive for the last 30 or so years because my handwriting was already that horrendous even back then.
It used to be between illegible and very bad, it's now between okay and bad.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I never have to squint to read my own handwriting, but I wish I had better handwriting. My handwriting is inconsistent, and if I'm in a rush (exams with a lot of writing), I start to scribble. I think it's still legible at that point, but things really start to go downhill there.

Maybe I should provide a picture.
Mine is usually bad. My cursive is awful. If I write slowly, in print, other people can read it.

Oddly, I can write legibly with my feet. I have dexterous toes.
My hand writing is weird. This has been a major problem all my life, and I always had teacher's bitching at me for it. My handwriting is legible, but it's very very ugly and repulsive. If you actually read it, you can understand it, but it just sucks reading such an ugly thing.

Like when everyone writes, it looks fluent, the letters have nice curves, straight lines. While in my handwriting, instead of of nice curves, it looks more like a bunch of deformed squares, and you won't find any straight lines, I'm incapable of drawing a straight line.
i can't read my own handwriting half of the time. i've always wondered if my teachers don't just mark short answer and essay questions right rather than trying to actually read them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
My print looks like absolute shit. But my cursive is really nice.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Am I the only one who thought the title said LEGO handwriting?

Maybe it's because the thread above this one starts with "Ok"
This will start a RIOT! in me
Mine is of excremental quality – I do not defecate on you; it really is horrendous.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Nov 5, 2011,
My cursive is feckin art bitches.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Am I the only one here that writes in all caps? Like the first letter is normal sized capital, the lowercase are capital-styled but smaller.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Mine looks like girls hand writing. Yknow, big curvy letters & circles instead of dots for "i"s.

But thats when i'm copying up notes. When i'm writing mega quick in lectures it looks like someone wrote it with their teeth.
Mine is pretty poor. I'm left-handed and skipped first grade (which is the grade in which my school really worked on the fundamentals of printing), so I've got two things working against me.
Mine is disgusting....could be worse though I guess..
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
It's not bad Depends on what I'm writing with though.

edit: This is the nicest writing I can find. It would've been even better if it wasn't notes, all my notes look gross.

I wrote with this

This is what my writing usually looks like:

And my writing can also be complete shit but I don't feel like looking for an example now.

ahhhh sorry huge pic D:
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Nov 5, 2011,
Bad. Like hella bad. Sometimes I go back and try to read something I wrote and think "What in the hell is this? I can read the first letter, but after that I can't even tell when one letter ends and the next begins."
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
None of you are even handwriting...

Why does no-one actually link their writing anymore?

This is basically my writing...
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Last edited by digman50 at Nov 5, 2011,
Just okay. But I'm a dude, so that's fine. My cursive's good but I never use it anymore so I'm sort of slow with it.

Quote by guitarxo
It's not bad Depends on what I'm writing with though.

edit: This is the nicest writing I can find. It would've been even better if it wasn't notes, all my notes look gross.

I wrote with this

This is what my writing usually looks like:

And my writing can also be complete shit but I don't feel like looking for an example now.

ahhhh sorry huge pic D:

cool doodles. You're writing's pretty clean and legible

Here's something I jotted down yesterday. Go ahead everyone. Bash me on how gross and icky it is:

ggg1 ggg3

My handwriting is awful, but it's very legible. It just looks like something someone who has been writing for 2 weeks would come up with.
Quote by guitarxo

I wrote with this

Awesome pen five!

I get grumpy if I have to write with anything else.
Mhe, my writing is *okay* but it gets messy when I do too many loops. I think the letter I hate writing most is lowercase m.
pinga
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Awesome pen five!

I get grumpy if I have to write with anything else.

Me too this pen is so smooth and crisp. I usually hate writing because my wrist is stupid and it hurts when I write but writing is almost fun with this pen
cat
Page 1 of 3