Anyone have it? Tried it?

It's the new DAW on the block and it's kicking ass.

I'm pretty sure I'll go for it.
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
I've had it since the day it came out, and the original version before that.

Takes a little getting used to coming from Reaper and Pro Tools, but it's a really cool software. The plugins that come with it are probably the best stock plugins I've heard in a DAW. For a beginner, the presets are excellent as well. You could literally use all presets, and if the song was recorded well, it will come out well.

The Melodyne integration is really cool as well!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Actually: meh. Looks good, but more of anincremental update than 'version 2', really. Integated Melodyne is awesome though.

I would have bought Studio One, but the default layout for my control surface is rubbish - and S1 wouldn't allow me to assign a lot of basic functions (like solo/mute buttons) to it.
uh well pretty much everything is incremental when it comes to technology. Even if version 1 didn't have it all, whern on earth should they have drawn the line for a version 2?

I think the list of new features easily justify a 2.0 tag.

http://studioone.presonus.com/v2-new-features/
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
Quote by kyle62
Actually: meh. Looks good, but more of anincremental update than 'version 2', really. Integated Melodyne is awesome though.

I would have bought Studio One, but the default layout for my control surface is rubbish - and S1 wouldn't allow me to assign a lot of basic functions (like solo/mute buttons) to it.

Really?

Can't you just run the BCF2000 in HUI/Mackie mode? Reading some posts on the Presonus forums, it seems it should work well with S1.

IMO, S1 2 was a huge improvement over the first. Workflow is greatly increased and most of the issues I had mixing in it before are now fixed. Not to mention, the upgrade was only $100, which is less than the cost of the included plugins.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Really?

Can't you just run the BCF2000 in HUI/Mackie mode? Reading some posts on the Presonus forums, it seems it should work well with S1.

I'm fussy about my control layouts, to be honest. With the emulated modes you've got zero flexibility, and the control layout isn't great.

The BCF2000 works flawless with Studio 1, but uses Behringer's dreadful layout.. soloing a track involves using the shift key which is daft as it's the single most used feature for me!
Quote by kyle62
I'm fussy about my control layouts, to be honest. With the emulated modes you've got zero flexibility, and the control layout isn't great.

The BCF2000 works flawless with Studio 1, but uses Behringer's dreadful layout.. soloing a track involves using the shift key which is daft as it's the single most used feature for me!

I see.

I've always wondered about those BCF2000s, but I've never tried one out. For the price and features, they seem like a great deal, but I've only bought 1 Behringer product in the past that I was happy with, so I'm hesitant to buy one. Sorta scares me that the only thing out there from other companies similar in price range, only have 1 channel of faders and knobs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com