Having recorded the 70th birthday tribute concert last month, i finally got round to watching it this morning and there was the man playing what looked like a travel guitar made by Squier, did anyone else see this, as it got me wondering about other musicians that play so called lower end guitars, not the Epiphones that the Beatles played from yesteryear but more modern bands like Oasis who i think used modern day Epiphones, i suppose there must be a few but i cant think of any, what are your thoughts on this, can you shed any light on who else plays these so called lower end guitars, they cant be that bad if one of the greats of the blues plays one.
I heard Jack White does this some times
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
well i know lots of professional metal bands play ltds, although high end ltds can cost nearly £1000 so they dont really count as lower end guitars
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Frank Iero of MCR has a signiture epi and used epi Zakk Wyldes sometimes
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Not all Squiers are starter models. Some of them are pretty ****in awesome.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic

this.

epiphone japan stuff is amazing, and squier takes the cake on bang for buck if you know the right model.
Quote by valennic

Yes i know, i'm not knocking Squiers i am thinking of getting a Jagmaster, dont know why but i have taking a fancy to them, i had an affinity telecaster in a light powder blue colour many years ago and sold it, regretted ever since.
Quote by GRENGINE
Oasis who i think used modern day Epiphones

Noel occasionally used a Sheraton and his own Epi model (I'm pretty sure there weren't many made which is why you don't find any used) but he mainly used a 355.....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by GRENGINE
Yes i know, i'm not knocking Squiers i am thinking of getting a Jagmaster, dont know why but i have taking a fancy to them, i had an affinity telecaster in a light powder blue colour many years ago and sold it, regretted ever since.

Ah, gotcha.

Just go to a GC and play a bunch of em. They often get the knock for being shitty because in the past they've had pretty shitty QC.

I know how you feel though, I stupidly let an 80s era Squier bullet go for 50 bucks because I had to get rid of it. Worst. Decision. Ever.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
I know how you feel though, I stupidly let an 80s era Squier bullet go for 50 bucks because I had to get rid of it. Worst. Decision. Ever.

That's OK. I GAVE away a Fender MIJ Strat from the 80s that I had owned from new. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid....
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
That's OK. I GAVE away a Fender MIJ Strat from the 80s that I had owned from new. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid....

Anything else you want to give away? Maybe that PRS you have lying around collecting dust?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?