Anyway guys I was just browsing around music stores in my area and saw this one Ibanez Acoustic the AEL40 with a solid spruce top flame maple back and sides in a Jumbo shape with a B-Band Pickup and a Ibanez preamp, it looked real nice, it just interested me, i might not even buy it but i wanted to know what people thought about it and i coldnt trry it out cause i had to go somewhere and it was in the last store i saw, anyway just bored so i wondered what other people thought about it
I actually got no traction with that model number on Ibanez' US website. It showed up in Ireland. It's apparently an older model, as I saw references about it as far back as 2005.

The B-Band pickups are also in Ibanez "Exotic Wood" series. I have one of those, and the electronics are great. They aren't as "thick" sounding as the Fishmans, which are also pretty good.

Not many people here would recommend Ibanez acoustics, although their electrics are well thought of.

Ibanez quality control is excellent, and their product is well made. The guitar does have a solid spruce top, which should obviously be superior to laminate.

The highest in the Ibanez AEL line up on the US web site is the AEL 30. This is solid top, but Fishman pickup: http://www.ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/model-AEL30SEVV

It looks good to me, and I suppose if it were available as a lefty, I'd have to own one.

You still have to listen to the guitar, I can't hear it for you.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 5, 2011,
i haven't found ibanez quality control to be excellent - i find it lacking as i've run across finish issues, high frets, things slightly off. most ibanez acoustics i've played sound a bit muffled, and also quieter than most competing brands - i've a/b'ed a lot of them.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
i haven't found ibanez quality control to be excellent - i find it lacking as i've run across finish issues, high frets, things slightly off. most ibanez acoustics i've played sound a bit muffled, and also quieter than most competing brands - i've a/b'ed a lot of them.
Right on cue......
Thanks guys, your opinions are great, I forgot that most of you guys are far west, and that the model isn't available there as of the moment, but all your input is great, I'll try to make a comparison if I ever want to buy it, because well I would really love a Yamaha acoustic, BUT in the Philippines the only Yamaha distributor hikes up the price so much that it just isnt practical to buy one they ask 600 USD for a Laminate top and thats the actual price not MSRP, so yeah thats why I really cant go yamaha , so suck to be me. But thanks guys if i ever want to buy a guitar for christmas than I'll heck them out.
Oh and CaptainCranky yes I have found that it is discontinued there but here in the East is still being produced