Im looking at getting a new guitar around $600-700. I want either a Fender or a PRS what would you guys go with witch one is better for the money?
Quote by AlteredMaggot18
Im looking at getting a new guitar around $600-700. I want either a Fender or a PRS what would you guys go with witch one is better for the money?

I'd go with the gear forum.
Dude, where's my band?
What model of guitar do you want, what style of music do you play, what kind of tone do you want, electric guitar forum.

Also what you really need is a new amp.
But since we're here, I'd recommend trying some examples of both, they're rather different beasts.
Dude, where's my band?
Used Gibson SG Standard
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
If I found a decent PRS for $600 I'd be all over that shit. Not sure they're worth the immense price tag, but I'd get one over a Fender.
Quote by AlteredMaggot18

I was very close to buying an SE custom last time I bought a guitar. They are very quality guitars, very good for their price.
They are two different guitars though. The SE will achieve more of an LP type tone, to compare it.
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Wait. You are that guy who made that ultra chill thread that exceeded in coolness and broness.

Yes sir I am
Quote by ldzppln81
I was very close to buying an SE custom last time I bought a guitar. They are very quality guitars, very good for their price.
They are two different guitars though. The SE will achieve more of an LP type tone, to compare it.

Im guessing the PRS has a heavier tone and the Fender is lighter.
i would describe it more as thick, but sortof.

fender will have more glass to it. it really depends.
Quote by AlteredMaggot18
Im guessing the PRS has a heavier tone and the Fender is lighter.

You could put it that way but I'd describe it more of a thicker sound. But the HSS strat can get that with the humbucker.

[flameshield] *IMO* no reason to get a strat if you don't have a single coil in the bridge [/flameshield]

Try both and see which one you like better.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
You could put it that way but I'd describe it more of a thicker sound. But the HSS strat can get that with the humbucker.

[flameshield] *IMO* no reason to get a strat if you don't have a single coil in the bridge [/flameshield]

Try both and see which one you like better.

Ive heard alot of people talk about coils what do they do exactly