Pretty much the title says it all. I've broken three D strings with this bastard (they were old backups, so oh well). The string either comes unwound, where only a small spring type-thing is hold it together, or just breaks outright.

I thought it was a sharp edge on the place you put the string in, so I sanded it down with a nail file, and that didn't help.

Thoughts?

by the way I have a Schecter Omen Six, with stock tuner and a stock, albeit slightly raised bridge.
Seems like a big problem.
Take it to the store you bought it, or just hand it in to any music store a pay to get it fixed.
It's hard to tell what you can do except that...
I bought it used a 3 years ago

Any idea what the problem is though? It's so weird, it's only the D string.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
The problem is a sharp spot, probably the result of bending the same note over and over when practicing. Keep trying to find it, and try filing it down with a metal file instead of a nail file.
Quote by jpnyc
The problem is a sharp spot, probably the result of bending the same note over and over when practicing. Keep trying to find it, and try filing it down with a metal file instead of a nail file.

Done!

Now I just need more damn strings, maybe few single D strings to see if it worked.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Turn the tuner 180 degrees and string it up that way. In other words, the side you usually push the string through becomes the side the string is coming out. If there's a sharp edge causing you to break strings this should solve it unless the bur is drastic, in which case you should have found it when you ran a file across it.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]