Page 5 of 276
You know what's my real pet peeve in bf3? It's how they claim their game is super realistic yet it's raining retard jets and choppers.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Grimriffer
Real life? Aim the pointer at my balls and I'm still blinded. You think I'm mostly blinded by my enemies lol?
Besides even if I do manage to evade a couple of rounds, aim down the sights and start spraying into the end of the tunnel the amount of health soldiers in bf3 is way too high to actually kill like that unless you're mad lucky and land a headshot.

Health isn't way too high

A few shots will bring down anyone. Not like in COD where you pump bullets into a guy and he doesn't die then he comes up and gets you with a knife
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Add me on PC, "Svirnbeblin".

I'll show you kids how to play.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by izbbass

A few shots will bring down anyone. Not like in COD where you pump bullets into a guy and he doesn't die then he comes up and gets you with a knife

His problem is that he isn't very good.
Quote by izbbass

I beg to differ. A CoD bro dies from about 3 rifle rounds while I, myself, have been shot in bf3 from a rifle about 5-6 times repeatedly and managed to survive. Also the accuracy of weapons in CoD seems to be higher.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Grimriffer
I beg to differ. A CoD bro dies from about 3 rifle rounds while I, myself, have been shot in bf3 from a rifle about 5-6 times repeatedly and managed to survive. Also the accuracy of weapons in CoD seems to be higher.

You're playing wrong. There have been times where I'll run out in the open, get shot, and drop dead :/
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by Grimriffer

The accuracy is relative to your ability to judge distance and the bulletdrop that will result from the distance, ability to control your guns kick, and what gun you're using. You probably just suck.
Quote by izbbass
You're playing wrong. There have been times where I'll run out in the open, get shot, and drop dead :/

I hide instantly when I take damage. If you're fast enough you'll lose an average of 15-30% health. I love constant sprinting)
Yessss, a BF3 thread! I've been needing somewhere to discuss this game with people who aren't idiots. The EA Forums are terrible...

Also, add me por favor:

RicoTheBeast; RICOtheBEAST [Xbox 360]
Quote by Grimriffer

Because the CoD guns have a lot less going into how they shoot than the BF guns. You have to take things like kick, bullet-drop, movement, aim, and the gun's general accuracy into equation, while CoD just has kick, aim, and accuracy.
Quote by izbbass
You're playing wrong. There have been times where I'll run out in the open,

And he's the one who's playing wrong

There really is a marked difference in health from BC2, especially at long range, and I know what I'm talkin about because long-range assault was pretty much all I played. If you can't get a headshot it takes 9 or 10 hit markers at distance to bring a bitch down

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

The most surefire way of getting kills and NOT DYING in bf3 I've found was to let the opponents pass if they don't see you, get to the objective, plant bombs and camp. Battlefield 3 really awards camping.
If you really wanna kill people, unlock the A-91 and its IRNV scope. All of your problems solved.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Grimriffer
The most surefire way of getting kills and NOT DYING in bf3 I've found was to let the opponents pass if they don't see you, get to the objective, plant bombs and camp. Battlefield 3 really awards camping.

I usually call it "tactical positions". But the only way I can seem to get kills in BF3 is by camping in a building and waiting for enemies to come in or walk by. That, or I find a hard to see spot near the objective in CQ and just shoot everyone that tries to cap it.
Quote by Grimriffer

Depends. On defense, and infantry maps in particular, then it absolutely does. But that's because you have an objective: guard the MCOM. Guards don't run around looking for trouble, they wait for trouble to come to them.

On the other hand, camping on vehicle-heavy maps won't do anything, you'll just get blasted to bits. Maps like that you've either got to be in a tank doin' work, or you've gotta be an engineer repairing and taking down opposing vehicles.
Quote by FearMyLightning
I usually call it "tactical positions". But the only way I can seem to get kills in BF3 is by camping in a building and waiting for enemies to come in or walk by. That, or I find a hard to see spot near the objective in CQ and just shoot everyone that tries to cap it.

Basically the same here. I find it extremely amusing when I kill enemies with C4s which is why I mainly play support.

Also, machine gun with bipod > sniper rifle for camping
Last edited by Grimriffer at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by angusfan16
If you really wanna kill people, unlock the A-91 and its IRNV scope. All of your problems solved.

Yeah, definitely. I almost feel like I'm cheating when I use that godly combo. Almost...
A91 is shit. I unlocked it and tried to get a kill at medium range, but the gun has no power. With the SCAR I could've easily killed the guy, but the A91 just doesn't have the power.
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah, definitely. I almost feel like I'm cheating when I use that godly combo. Almost...

I remember before i used that gun i averaged about 9 or 10 kills per game, and then as soon as i unlocked it i jumped up to like 20.

Quote by FearMyLightning
A91 is shit. I unlocked it and tried to get a kill at medium range, but the gun has no power. With the SCAR I could've easily killed the guy, but the A91 just doesn't have the power.

You just gotta shoot it in short, quick bursts if you wanna get a kill from a distance.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Nov 6, 2011,
OK, still on the fence about getting it, a couple more questions, if you guys have the time to answer would be much appreciated...

So I see there's only 4 classes now? How does that work? What happened to medic/anti-tank/special forces? No medics and anti-tank especially seems like it would change the game a hell of a lot, and special forces was probably the most fun class to play online.

Are the maps as big as in BF2? On the 64 player ones it would probably take the best part of 30 minutes to move from one end to the other on foot, and the massiveness was what made it cool.

Seems like there's no commander either, who dictates the overall team strategy now then? Or is there just no overall strategy? Does this also mean artillery, uav and supply/vehicle drops are out?
Up The Boro!
XBL: LacesOutAlex

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/LacesOutAlex/stats/221842679/xbox/

I typically play every class but Recon, because I hate Recon. I also don't have a mic at the moment, but I actually play the objectives, and I WILL throw out ammo boxes/medkits as needed. Also, PLEASE SPOT INFANTRY, LAND, AND AIR VEHICLES. Makes everyone's job a little easier.

Quote by Oddsbodkins
OK, still on the fence about getting it, a couple more questions, if you guys have the time to answer would be much appreciated...

So I see there's only 4 classes now? How does that work? What happened to medic/anti-tank/special forces? No medics and anti-tank especially seems like it would change the game a hell of a lot, and special forces was probably the most fun class to play online.

Are the maps as big as in BF2? On the 64 player ones it would probably take the best part of 30 minutes to move from one end to the other on foot, and the massiveness was what made it cool.

Seems like there's no commander either, who dictates the overall team strategy now then? Or is there just no overall strategy? Does this also mean artillery, uav and supply/vehicle drops are out?

Assault is now medic. Assault uses AR's, and has the ability to throw medkits and revive.

Engineer gets carbines/SMG's and anti-tank/anti air launchers, and either repair tool or AT mines.

Support gets LMG's and can throw ammo boxes and use mortars and C4.

Recon gets rifles, and other stuff. I don't play recon.

As for the rest, I only play on console so I couldn't tell you about map size and whatnot on PC.
Last edited by Alexishxc1337 at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by SteveHouse
And he's the one who's playing wrong

There really is a marked difference in health from BC2, especially at long range, and I know what I'm talkin about because long-range assault was pretty much all I played. If you can't get a headshot it takes 9 or 10 hit markers at distance to bring a bitch down

>_> Sometimes you gotta run through an open area to get to the M-CON in Rush.

That's why I hate Operation Firestorm. Too damn open.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by Oddsbodkins

Wtf are you talking about There were 4 classes in BC2 as well but they were different. Medic = assault. Anti-tank = engineer. Special forces = wtf? Support class can unlock mortars (artillery), the uav is gone (sadly), and squad leaders are the ones who dictate squad strategy.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

=Alexishxc1337
Assault is now medic. Assault uses AR's, and has the ability to throw medkits and revive.

Engineer gets carbines/SMG's and anti-tank/anti air launchers, and either repair tool or AT mines.

Support gets LMG's and can throw ammo boxes and use mortars and C4.

Recon gets rifles, and other stuff. I don't play recon.

As for the rest, I only play on console so I couldn't tell you about map size and whatnot on PC.

Alright, cheers, seems like they condensed them into 4 classes instead of 6 which is definitely better than getting rid of medic and anti tank! Although special forces does sadly seem to have been given the chop.

Quote by SteveHouse
Wtf are you talking about There were 4 classes in BC2 as well but they were different. Medic = assault. Anti-tank = engineer. Special forces = wtf? Support class can unlock mortars (artillery), the uav is gone (sadly), and squad leaders are the ones who dictate squad strategy.

Not Bad Company 2... Battlefield 2... you know, the game that this is the sequel of?
Up The Boro!
Well if you'd played the superior game of those two, you'd understand the natural transition

I think though with the way the game has played out, I'd advocate 5 classes, engineer and recon can be the same (although real sniping should be brought back, none of this hyper-accurate pistol nonsense), get rid of C4 with support and give it to assault, get rid of the medic functions of assault and bring back the medic class. The only thing I'm not sure on right now is what guns to give medics because giving the overpowered LMGs to support makes a lot of sense.

I'd play but I have to help my parents move.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Assault essentially is two classes. It makes sense to give medics the assault guns. You have to make the choice if you're going to play the assault class as anti infantry or to play it as a medic should be, supporting. I do my best to play the role of medic as it is supposed to be played, which is why my kdr is shit.
Hm, what if we gave the "personal defense weapons" to medics instead of all classes? Your K/D would usually be bad but you'd rack up the points.

Assault - AR, underbarrel grenades, Claymores, C4
Medic - PDW, paddles and medkits
Recon - sniper rifle, reconnaissance tools
Support - big manly machine guns, ammo, mortars (though I'd advocate their outright removal)
Engineer - carbine, anti-tank rockets/mines, SAMs

There's an argument to be made for simplification too I suppose, but I'd like the above. Especially if everyone can still have shotguns and the shittiest smg (ala G3).

SHEdit: BF3 counts PP-2000, UMP-45, PDW-R, etc as personal defense weapons.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Last edited by SteveHouse at Nov 6, 2011,
PSN: Baldorr

Just applied to the platoon. I look forward to kicking ass with you guys. I enjoy playing by myself but when you get a team full of wankers it's not nearly as fun.
This space has been intentionally left blank.
When I play assault/medic I just throw my kit behind cover. Jump out, fire some, dive back behind cover to heal.
So anyone getting matchmakered on shitty teams today? I have been in three servers and have not had a k/d higher than .5 and usually coming in second or third on team. Haven't one a single map today keep getting crushed.
Quote by Oddsbodkins
Alright, cheers, seems like they condensed them into 4 classes instead of 6 which is definitely better than getting rid of medic and anti tank! Although special forces does sadly seem to have been given the chop.

Not Bad Company 2... Battlefield 2... you know, the game that this is the sequel of?

I never played BF2, what exactly did Special Forces do?
Quote by FireHawk
So anyone getting matchmakered on shitty teams today? I have been in three servers and have not had a k/d higher than .5 and usually coming in second or third on team. Haven't one a single map today keep getting crushed.

Same thing was happening to me earlier when me and a couple of friends were playing TDM.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Grimriffer
When I play assault/medic I just throw my kit behind cover. Jump out, fire some, dive back behind cover to heal.

Which is why having assault/medic is so lame.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I've really started to not like the SCAR-H. Sure, the round it uses packs a bunch but the recoil is sometimes too much to handle. I've had more success switching the firing mode to semi-auto and only needing 2-3 hit markers to take down an enemy, instead of wasting an entire clip because of the insane recoil
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by suckmahnuts
I've really started to not like the SCAR-H. Sure, the round it uses packs a bunch but the recoil is sometimes too much to handle. I've had more success switching the firing mode to semi-auto and only needing 2-3 hit markers to take down an enemy, instead of wasting an entire clip because of the insane recoil

Shit's called firing in bursts, and it offsets the insane power.
Quote by FearMyLightning
Shit's called firing in bursts, and it offsets the insane power.

+1