I'd like to know if it's possible to cover a uncovered (from factory) guitar humbucker pickup? The guitar in question is an LTD EX-50, it has two uncovered (factory default) humbucker pickups, but I'd like to have it with covers.

So, is it possible?
What about on every guitar, are there any guitars that aren't able to be covered or all uncovered humbuckers are coverable?
The likes of seymour duncan sell pick up covers for most humbuckers, you also find them on places like axesrus but not sure how good they are.
You take the HB out of the guitar and the mounting ring, you fit it in the cover, then you solder it there, using solder and an soldering iron. Dont overheat the base of the pickup, ir you might mess it up.
You don't need to solder it AFAIK, just remove the pup, place the cover on (it should fit snugly) and then re-install the pup. The friction should hold the cover on with no trouble. Good luck!
soldering isn't necessary but I think it would probably rattle around and bring up some issues with microphonics if you don't
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by CJ Noble
soldering isn't necessary but I think it would probably rattle around and bring up some issues with microphonics if you don't

Fair point. Never had that issue on my good old epi LP, but maybe that was just the badly fitting pickup surrounds...
^ Lot of good answers, but it depends on the Pickup.

I know some pickups that are covered come with this wax like substance in between the pickup and the cover. Think it might just be for actives though. Check the YouTube for videos on how to do it.
Where's Waldo?