what strings amp bass what evrything basicly do i need to startas i am only playing jazz and punk at the moment?????
what gear do you have now?
budget?
closest city?
answer these first.

EDIT: learning to spell and punctuate wouldn't hurt you either.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Last edited by will42 at Nov 5, 2011,
Any good amp will do, any good bass will do, stainless rounds are probably the best strings for metal.

Seriously though, use proper English. Its in the rules.
I use a Marcus Miller Jazz for death metal lol its more about amp/amp settings than anything else
I use an Ibanez SR505 and an Eden Nemesis combo (for now). I highly recommend the SR500 series, the 4, 5, and 6 string versions are great for the price and used ones are easy to find. As for amps, just about anything will do, just careful eq'ing is needed. I keep the bass relatively low and the mids and highs at about 5 o'clock. The exact type of death metal would help too. Bands like it, etc.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
I've played the sr300, great for the price. Neck isn't as good as the 500 series but its almost $300 less so it's a great deal
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
you don't need to add ?????????????????? to the end of every question, heck even missing the punctuation we'd get it, you need an answer. Anything will work for any genre, if it sounds good to you. Any search on google or the forum, would tell you that.
Seems to he a direct correlation between TS, and thread icon.
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.